NDSU is ready to work with you as you plan. Any possible restrictions, requirements, and requests are available in Policy 154, but here are the basics to consider:
- Events and speakers must be sponsored/invited by NDSU students, faculty, or staff.
- Open spaces on campus do not typically need a reservation unless you want sole use.
- Any indoor events or outdoor events with amplified sound need a reservation.
- Spaces immediately next to classroom or living facilities have time restrictions due to noise levels.
- Events cannot block or impede exit and entryways.
- Campus-controlled sidewalks and streets may be used for marches without a permit.
- Use of city-controlled streets or amplified sound off campus requires a permit.
- To reserve space and equipment, start with Conference and Event Services in the Memorial Union. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in at MU 246. The Memorial Union staff is best equipped to assist you in navigating reservation systems across campus.
- Any monetary charges for use, damages, security, etc. will be applied using standard, content-neutral methods and will not exceed actual cost to the university.
- Some spaces require a Facility Use Agreement (FUA).