Planning a Rally, Protest, or Other Event

NDSU is ready to work with you as you plan.  Any possible restrictions, requirements, and requests are available in Policy 154, but here are the basics to consider:

    • Events and speakers must be sponsored/invited by NDSU students, faculty, or staff.
    • Open spaces on campus do not typically need a reservation unless you want sole use.
    • Any indoor events or outdoor events with amplified sound need a reservation.
    • Spaces immediately next to classroom or living facilities have time restrictions due to noise levels.
    • Events cannot block or impede exit and entryways.
    • Campus-controlled sidewalks and streets may be used for marches without a permit.
    • Use of city-controlled streets or amplified sound off campus requires a permit.
NDSU Reservations
    • To reserve space and equipment, start with Conference and Event Services in the Memorial Union.  Questions can be directed to or stop in at MU 246.  The Memorial Union staff is best equipped to assist you in navigating reservation systems across campus.
    • Any monetary charges for use, damages, security, etc. will be applied using standard, content-neutral methods and will not exceed actual cost to the university.
    • Some spaces require a Facility Use Agreement (FUA).
      • Student organizations will find the FUA under forms in MyNDSU after logging in.
      • Non-student organizations will find the FUA here
Top of page