Updated 4/3/2020 NEW REFUND INFORMATION BELOW
NDSU Dining Centers:
The Residence Dining Center (RDC) is open for students, staff or faculty who have an unlimited meal plan, or block plan. WDC and UDC will remain closed for the remainder of the semester.
Take Out Only / No Dine-in
Due to recommendations from the ND Department of Public Health:
- All food will be taken to-go, with no dine-in option. With that, limited guests will be allowed in the dining center at a time.
- To-go packaging, including cups, bowls, utensils, bags and condiments will be provided at each station.
Monday - Sunday
Breakfast: 7:30 - 10am
Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: 4:30 - 6:30pm (7pm starting Monday, April 6)
Although our adjusted hours have three specific time periods, unlimited meal plan holders can return during the same time period if they need an additional item. If hours change, updates will be listed on the NDSU Dining App, website, and digital signage.
To eliminate self-service areas, dining team members will serve your requested menu items.
The following stations will be available: Homestyle, Thundar’s Grill, Beverage Stations, Bison Beanery. In addition to its normal offerings, the Salad/Deli station will also serve items from the breakfast bar and dessert station.
The RDC has been transitioned to an allergen-friendly facility to the best of our ability. All peanut and tree-nut items will be removed.
Gluten free items with be served out of Global. If you have specific dietary needs or severe allergies, please email email@example.com to request a special meal. Please allow 24 hours for these meals to be prepared.
- Students will access the RDC by scanning their NDSU ID card; finger scanners will not be utilized.
- Backpacks and water bottles will not be allowed in the RDC
- Bottles of water will be available on your way out!
To provide focused service to our meal plan holders (5-day, 7-day and block), the RDC will not be open to walk-in customers. Guests are welcome to visit our food court in the Memorial Union.
Refund percentages are based on the North Dakota University System Procedure 830.2, which determines the prorated refund rate on the enrollment periods.
Five- or Seven-Day Unlimited Meal Plan Holders (residence hall students with required meal plans):
Students who checked out of their residence hall by the week of March 23, or deferred their checkout to a later date and are not residing in their hall, will receive a 40% refund of their unlimited meal plan spring semester rate. No action or form submission is required to receive your dining refund.
|Unlimited Plan||Spring Rate||Refund %||Refund Amount|
Students who have requested to reside in their hall past March 23 will receive a refund based on the subsequent week they check out.
March 29 – April 4: 30%
April 5 – April 11: 25%
April 12- April 18: 20%
April 19 – April 25: 10%
April 26 – May 2: 5%
May 2 – May 15: 0%
Five- or Seven-Day Unlimited Meal Plan Holders (Students with optional meal plans, e.g. Apartment residents, off-campus or commuter students):
Students can continue using their plan or request to receive a refund. Students who have not utilized their plan (or minimally utilized it) after March 28 will receive a 40% refund. Students who continued to utilize their plan past that date will receive a refund based on the subsequent week they request to discontinue the plan (rates listed above).
Meal Block Plan Holders:
Students can continue using their plan or request to receive a full refund for unused meals. Students must be enrolled in the spring semester to get a refund.
Exceptions to Refund Calculations:
- Students who received a partial waiver/scholarship will see a refund applied based on charges not already covered by the waiver/scholarship.
- Students who receive a full waiver/scholarship for housing and dining, including resident assistants and student-athletes residing on-campus, are not eligible for this credit. Student-athletes, including those that live off-campus with optional meal plans, may contact the Athletic Department with further questions.
Refund Details and Distribution:
Refunds will be generated Thursday, April 16 via Direct Deposit or Check. Refund requests received after April 15 will be processed on a weekly basis through the final date of May 31.
- Students with Direct Deposit will receive their funds approximately three business days later. This is the preferred option as students will receive the refund quicker.
- Students who have not signed up for direct deposit will be mailed a paper check to their home address listed in Campus Connection.
The food court will always have one eatery open. Hoagie Hut, Pizza Express and Burgers @ the U will rotate weekly, beginning Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Pizza Express: March 30th – April 3rd
- Burgers @ the U: April 6th – April 10th
- Hoagie Hut: April 13th – April 17th
- Pizza Express: April 20th – April 24th
- Burgers @ the U: April 27th – May 1st
- Hoagie Hut: May 4th – May 8th
- Pizza Express: May 11th – May 15th
Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-4pm
Payment Options: Block Plans, Apple Pay, Credit/Debit cards, and Campus Cash will be accepted. Cash will not be accepted.
Block plan meal equivalencies will be available all day in the food court.
Caribou Coffee: Monday-Friday, 7am - 4pm
Minard, Barry, NDSCS Fargo: Closed
NDSU Dining is diligently monitoring reports from the ND Department of Public Health for updates or changes in recommended guidelines. We have been, and will continue to be, proactive in our approach to keep our facilities clean, sanitized and disinfected. Below is a list of some of the measures we are taking to keep you safe.
- Introducing schedule breaks to implement thorough cleaning and disinfecting before, between, and after meal periods.
- Implementing strict sanitation measures to keep customers from coming in contact with self-serve items. Self-service areas will be removed or closed. Beverage areas will be monitored closely and frequently disinfected.
- Limiting access to outside guests (non-meal plan holders)
- Implementing use of EPA approved chemicals that are effective against viruses.
- Closing dine-in option, offering to-go only.
- Limited people allowed in the dining center at one time.
- Providing bottles of water to eliminate need to fill reusable water bottles in the dining center.
- Removing finger scanners and implementing contact free proxy entrance through NDSU ID cards.
- All Dining staff be re-trained and reminded frequently on all sanitation/food safety practices and monitoring of health/well being.
- All Dining staff will follow HR recommendations regarding their wellness and monitoring any symptoms that would require them to stay home from work.