West Dining Center
The West Dining Center (also known as West or the WDC) is a full-service dining center located between the high-rise residence halls of Seim, Thompson, Sevrinson, Pavek, and Cater. All of these halls also have direct tunnel access to the WDC so residents do not have to brave the cold or change out of their slippers to grab a bite to eat.
Closing spring break 2019 - Reopening fall 2019
The West Dining Center will be closing to undergo exciting renovations that will take the WDC experience to a whole new level. From international cuisine to your home-style classics, the NEW WDC will satisfy every craving you have and keep you coming back for seconds.
- Global: International cuisine that offers ready-to-eat and custom ordering options
- The Bakery: Fresh baked goodies, straight from the oven
- Clean-eats: Clean eating, free of the top 8 allergens
- Pizza: More variety, plus new flatbreads
- Smoothie Station: Fresh fruit, real ingredients, for a superfood smoothie experience
- Homestyle: All your favorite comfort foods in one place
- Do it Yourself Grill: The student grill that you know and love, with bigger grills, more counter space, greater variety of ingredients, plus digital recipe and how-to video screens
- Salad/Panini/Deli: Amazing new selection, plus ready-to-eat items
- The Grill: Burgers, brats and more
- Action stations for demo-cooking and cooking classes
- Fireplace with soft-seating and charging stations
- When will it close and when will it reopen? The WDC will close after serving lunch on Friday, March 8. The renovation is scheduled to be complete in August 2019, so we will see you back next fall!
- Will this closure affect the hours of the other dining centers? What about late night? The Union’s dining center hours will not change. The RDC’s hours will change, and will also be the dining center that stays open for late night.
- What will be open during late night? The Grill, deli area and panini presses, salad bar, student grill, and most importantly, the coffee shop.
- What will hours look like for the RDC and the UDC during the WDC closure?
Monday–Thursday: 7am – 11pm
Friday: 7am – 8pm
Saturday: 8am – 7:30pm
Sunday: 8am – 9pm
Monday–Thursday: 7am – 8:30pm
Friday: 7am - 7:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram @ndsudining to see renderings, design plans, reno photos, and real-time updates and changes.