Student Meal Plans
Purchase a Meal Plan | Unlimited Access Plans | Block Plans | Change or Cancel Plans
Purchase a Meal Plan
There are two ways to purchase a meal plan. Below is a breakdown of purchasing options based on your housing, followed with meal plan options available to you.
Traditional & Suite Style Residence Halls
Burgum, Cater, Churchill, Dinan, Pavek, Reed/Johnson, Seim, Sevrinson, Stockbridge, Thompson, and Weible:
- First-year students living in these halls are required to select a five-day (Mon.-Fri.) or a seven-day (Mon.-Sun.) meal plan. Students select their meal plan when applying for their residence hall space, not through this site or the GET app.
- Upperclassmen students living in these halls may select a five-day plan, seven-day plan, or 170 meal block plan. Students select their meal plan when applying for their residence hall space, not through this site or the GET app.
Apartment Style Residence Halls
Niskanen Hall and Mathew Living Learning Centers:
Students are not required to purchase a meal or block plan, but may select one during housing sign up or by accessing GET. PLEASE NOTE: Do not deposit funds into campus cash to purchase a meal plan. Purchase your meal plan in the GET app by clicking into the accounts tab.
NDSU Apartments & Off Campus Students
Students who live off-campus or in NDSU Apartments:
Students are not required to purchase a meal or block plan, but may purchase one by accessing GET. PLEASE NOTE: Do not deposit funds into campus cash to purchase a meal plan. Purchase your meal plan in the GET app by clicking into the accounts tab.
NDSCS Fargo Off Campus Students
NDSCS Fargo Students who live off campus:
Students are not required to purchase a block plan, but may purchase one by accessing Marketplace.
5- and 7-Day Unlimited Access Meal Plans
NDSU offers 5- and 7-day unlimited access meals plans to both on- and off-campus students. Unlimited access meal plans allow students to pop into any of our three dining centers as many times as they want. Unlimited plans are required for incoming, first-year students.
The 5-day meal plan is only recommended for students who live off campus, or those who will leave campus every weekend. The price difference from the 7-day plan to the 5-day plan is only $13/week, meaning you get unlimited access on Saturday and Sunday for only $13!
7-Day Meal Plan (Best Value Plan):
$2389/Semester - This meal plan can be used anytime Monday - Sunday and includes 7 guest meals/passes. Guest passes do not carry over from semester to semester.
5-Day Meal Plan:
$2163.00/ Semester - This meal plan can be used anytime Monday - Friday and includes 3 guest meals/passes. Guest passes do not carry over from semester to semester.
Block plans are popular for students who live off campus or in on campus apartments, who want to take advantage of the variety and convenience provided by NDSU Dining. From all-you-can-eat meals to quick and easy to-go options, save time and money with a block plan. Block plans are only available to upperclassmen and off-campus students.
NEW this year, block plans can be used at TEN locations. At Food Court and Coffee Shop locations, there are plenty of menu options available for purchase with your block plan. When you eat in at any dining center, your meal is all-you-care-to-eat. Takeout options are available from West Dining Center.
- Residence Dining Center
- Union Dining Center
- West Dining Center
- Burgers @ the U - Food Court
- Hoagie Hut - Food Court
- Pizza Express - Food Court
- Twisted Taco - Food Court
- Barry Hall Coffee Shop
- Minard Hall Coffee Shop
- Wild Grounds Coffee Shop (NDSCS Skills Technology Building)
25 Block $225.00 (9.00/meal)
50 Block $425.00 (8.50/meal)
75 Block $581.25 (7.75/meal)
100 Block $725.00 (7.25/meal)
170 Block $1,232.50 ($7.25/meal)
2019/2020 Block Plans: Your meal block is valid for the academic year of purchase and can be used at any time 8-24-2019 through 8-7-2020.
2020/2021 Block Plans: On July 16, you will be able to purchase a block plan for the 2020/2021 academic year. This plan will be valid 8-8-20 through 8-6-2021.
Meal Plan Changes or Cancellations
Meal Plan Changes
Changes to meal plans can be made via GET.
- The last day to change a meal plan to a lower plan option (eg from a 7-Day to 5-Day) is 9/3/2020.
- The last day to change a meal plan to a higher plan option (eg from 5-Day to 7-Day) is 11/15/2020.
Meal Plan Cancellations
- Cancellations of required meal plans are permitted only when OFFICIALLY WITHDRAWING from the University, or if canceling housing prior to move-in (upperclassmen only).
- Cancellations of optional meal plans must be made by 9/3/2020. Cancellations can be done in person at the Residence Dining Center offices, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; please include your NDSU email, ID number, your current plan, and a clear request to cancel.