NDSU 2015-2016 Diversity Impact Award
To continue work that carries a legacy of change in a history of prejudice, discrimination, and exclusion in our society, recipients of the 2015-16 Diversity Impact Award will be recognized during the 2016 Tapestry of Diverse Talents Ceremony - Wednesday, February 24 at 12pm in the Century Theater, Memorial Union.
First awarded in 2007, the purpose of the Diversity Impact Award is to recognize NDSU departments, committees, student groups, and units that have demonstrated a significant contribution to advancing diversity within the following areas:
- Institutional Commitment - Creating an environment where everyone feels welcomed, respected, and safe;
- Learning and Pedagogy - Developing a learning environment that guides students, faculty, and staff to think critically about social justice issues in the classroom and workplace;
- Research and Creative Activity - Engaging in research and creative activity that reflect multicultural values and perspectives;
- Recruitment and Retention of Historically Underrepresented Students, Faculty, and Staff - Increasing the representation of historically underrepresented populations among faculty, staff, students, and administrators;
- Inter-group and Intra-group Relations - Celebrating human differences and recognizing socially constructed differences through initiatives that encourage and support the continuing interaction of diverse cultures.
The 2015-16 NDSU Diversity Impact Award will be given annually to an NDSU department, committee, student group, or unit that has worked collaboratively to promote the concept of diversity by enhancing or contributing to the overall environment of the community or university.
Recipients will have demonstrated a high regard for diversity by demonstrating one or more of the following:
- Commitment to the spirit of diversity;
- Leadership through positive interaction among persons of diversity identities and backgrounds;
- Behavior that illustrates commitment to inclusion of persons within the institution who are members of traditionally under-represented groups.
All NDSU departments, committees, student groups, units, etc. are eligible for this nomination.
*PLEASE NOTE: Eligibility requirements have changed for the 2015-16 Diversity Impact Award. The award will no longer be given to individuals. Instead, the selection committee will now only consider group nominations; examples of eligible nominees include NDSU departments, committees, student groups, units, etc.
Nominations may be made by any NDSU student, staff, faculty, or administrator. Nomination forms may be accessed:
- Online here: 2015-16 Diversity Impact Award nomination form
- Paper copies: Equity and Diversity Center, Alba Bales House
Nominations will be reviewed by members of the Diversity Impact Award Selection Committee. All nominees will be notified of their status by Friday, February 12.
Nominations are now being accepted with a deadline of 12pm on Friday, February 5.
Please direct any questions regarding the 2015-16 Diversity Impact Award to Kara Gravley-Stack, Director of Diversity Initiatives, at Kara.Gravley-Stack@ndsu.edu. or 231-7091.
- Clearly state how the Nominee demonstrates a commitment to diversity at NDSU.
- Cite specific examples of commitment, leadership, and positive interactions.
- Describe how the campus or larger community has benefited from the Nominee's work.
- Optional - include letters of support for this nomination from coworkers, supervisor/manager, students, or department head/chair.
A list of past Diversity Impact Award winners can be found at this link: http://www.ndsu.edu/diversity/diversityatndsu/presidents_impact_award/