The course objective is to give the student experience in a technical, engineering environment.
Listed here are the requirements for achieving 3 credits as a tech elective
- Student must have technical work equivalent to six months full-time work.
- Student must report a technical professional, usually in the industry and perform work with adequate technical content (to be determined by Dr. Scott Smith)
- For successful completion of the course the student must have:
- An approved written technical report, and
- An oral presentation, which is scheduled through the ECE office so the course instructor can attend and there is advanced public notice for faculty, staff and students may make time to attend.
- Intellectual property issues need to be addressed with the co-op before completion of the report and oral presentation.