North American Power Symposium
The 50th North American Power Symposium will be hosted by North Dakota State University in Fargo, North Dakota, from September 9-11, 2018. NAPS, a student-centric conference has been bringing together students, faculty, and researchers in the power and energy systems area since its inception in 1969. Organized at a different university every year in North America, NAPS provides an excellent forum for participants to present and receive feedback on their research. NAPS will maintain its long-standing tradition to strongly encourage, support, and recognize students for their participation.
Flights and Hotels
Fargo is served by Hector International Airport (FAR)with direct connections to Chicago (ORD), Minneapolis (MSP), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), Orlando (SFB), Las Vegas (LAS), and Dallas (DFW). The conference venue is about 10 minutes away (car) from the airport.
The conference venue is at the Holiday Inn, Fargo. A block of rooms has been reserved at a special group rate. Details forthcoming. The hotel is located just across West Acres Mall near the region’s major businesses, attractions, dining, and shopping.
The organizing committee invites original research contributions for presentation at the 50th North American Power Symposium (NAPS), hosted by North Dakota State University in Fargo from Sep 9-11, 2018. NAPS welcomes papers on the modeling, dynamics, stability, analysis, optimization, protection, control, planning, and operation of modern electric power systems. The symposium will be organized, but not limited by the following research tracks:
- Power Systems Dynamics, Stability, and Control
- Power Systems Operations, Planning, and Economics
- Grid-connected Power Electronics and Applications
- Power Systems Communications and Cyber-security
- Distribution Systems: Analysis, Operation, and Control
- Emerging Topics in Modern Power Systems
- Challenges and solutions to operation of transmission and distribution systems with utility-scale deployment of renewable generation
As a student-centric conference, the organizing committee will conduct NAPS to encourage student participation and will recognize students for outstanding contributions through a student-paper contest. All presented papers will receive feedback from attendees and the best papers will receive awards at an award ceremony. Authors are encouraged to submit a full manuscript for consideration by 1 May 2018, via Easychair. You may need to create an account with Easychair, if you don’t have one. Authors of accepted papers are required to present the paper (in person) at the conference venue. All papers presented at NAPS 2018 will be included in IEEE Xplore digital library.
Please use the following link to submit your manuscript. Sample templates are available here.
- Page limit: 6 pages, including figures, tables, and references
- Paper size: US Letter (8.5″ X 11″)
- File Format: Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Fonts: Embed all fonts in your PDF file. No type 3 fonts allowed
- Do not paginate the manuscript
Additional Notes: While there is no limit on how many papers an author can submit, one registration by an author will cover two papers.
- Mar 1 -- Paper submissions open
- May 1 -- Paper submission DEADLINE
- Jun 15 -- Notification of acceptance
- Jun 30 -- Final submissions due
- Aug 1 -- Early bird registration deadline
- Sep 9-11 -- NAPS at Fargo, ND