- Applied Electromagnetic
- Antenna Design
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Signal Integrity
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University, 2002
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University, 2005
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University, 2009
- Post Doctoral Research, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, 2009
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society (ACES)
- Member, Pi Mu Eplison Mathematics Society
Awards & Honors:
- Graduate Teacher of the Year, College of Engineering and Architecture, NDSU 2008
- Graduate Research Award, College of Engineering and Architecture, NDSU 2008
- B.D. Braaten, R.M. Nelson and D.A. Rogers, "Properties of a Printed Dipole in Stratified Uniaxial Anisotropic Dielectrics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 8, 2009, pp. 806-810.
- B.D. Braaten, R.P. Scheeler, R.M. Reich, R.M. Nelson, C. Bauer-Reich, J. Glower and G.J. Owen, "Compact Metamaterial Based UHF RFID Antennas: Deformed Omega and Split-Ring Resonator Structures," Accepted to the ACES Special Journal Issue on Computational and Experimental Techniques for RFID Systems and Applications.
- B.D. Braaten and R.M. Nelson, "An RGF Delta Gap Source for Thin Wire EFIE," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 50, no. 1, February 2008, pp. 212-215.
- B.D. Braaten, R.M. Nelson, and M.A. Mohammed, "Electric Field Integral Equations for Electromagnetic Scattering Problems with Electrically Small and Electrically Large Regions," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 1, January 2008, pp. 142-150.