ECE 496 - Field Experience
Course Objectives and Methodology
The course objective is to give the student experience in a technical, engineering environment.
Technical Elective Requirements
The following are the requirements for getting three credits as an Technical Elective.
- Student must have technical work equivalent to six months full-time work.
- Student must report to a technical professional, usually in the industry, and perform work with adequate technical content (to be determined by the faculty in charge of ECE 496).
- For successful completion of the course, the student must have:
- An approved written Technical Report, and
- An oral presentation, which is scheduled through the ECE office so the course instructor can attend and there is enough advanced public notice for other individuals to attend.
- Intellectual property issues need to be addressed with the co-op company before completion of the written report and oral presentation.