- Education: M.S. Animal Science (Reproductive Physiology track), North Carolina State University, (2013); B.S.- Animal Science, North Carolina State University (2010)
- Home Department: Biological Sciences
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 307 Stevens Hall
- Adviser: Dr. Timothy Greives
Why I joined the ECS Ph.D. Program
A strong interest in conservation science and the interdisciplinary program.
My research is broadly focused on conservation science and reproductive biology. My thesis research is focused on the reproductive timing of songbirds through sex steroids, estradiol and testosterone, in conjunction with first egg lay date. A future project will focus on the potential trade-offs between immune function and sperm quality in male house sparrows.
- Ellis, K., Whisnant, S., Fellner, V., Koutsos, E., Ange-van Heugten, K. (2013) The Interaction of Diet and Fecal Cortisol in the Southern White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum simum). Presented at the AZA NAG Tenth Conference on Zoo and Wildlife Nutrition (in conjuction with AAZV), Sept. 29- Oct. 2, 2013, Salt Lake City, UT. (Presented by K. Ellis)