- Education: B.S. Agricultural Science, Royal University of Agriculture, Cambodia (2012).
- Home Department: Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 206D Architecture Building
- Advisers: Drs. Eakalak Khan and Sivaguru Jayaraman
Why I joined the ECS M.S. Program
In ECS, everything related to environmental study is available. From science to social fields, from engineering to economy fields, I will be able to see bigger and clearer pictures of the current environmental problems.
My research is broadly focused on wastewater treatment. Glutaraldehyde – used as biocide in hydraulic fracturing water – causes a challenge for flowback water reuse program since it prevents the growth of microorganisms. In my research, I will investigate the efficacy of glutaraldehyde removal from flowback water by using photodegradation. The objectives of my research are to find the optimal operating conditions for this treatment technology and to demonstrate contaminant removal mechanism, pathways, intermediates, by-products, and end-products.