The Educational Leadership Program is committed to transforming students' passion for education with the professional and organizational skills necessary to be leaders in and of education who focus on student success.
Graduates from the Educational Leadership Program will gain the knowledge, skills, and expertise to lead others by making informed decisions based on data, engaging in problem solving, planning, research, assessment, collaboration, negotiation, and conflict-resolution.
The principle purpose of the Educational Leadership Program is to provide professional/academic education for individuals preparing for PK-12 building leadership and school district positions:
- Teacher leadership
- Elementary or secondary school principal
- General Leadership positions in higher education settings such as:
- Residence Life
- Student Affairs
The major goals of the program are to:
- Deliver an approved leadership program and credential program to North Dakota Residents.
- Increase the effectiveness of PK-12 teacher leadership, thereby increasing student performance.
- Provide professional service to area schools, school districts, practicing educational administrators, and to state & national associations.
- Expand the research on the knowledge base of education, leadership, and the administration of educational programs.
We offer master's degrees (M.S. or M.Ed.) in School Building and District Leadership and Teacher Leadership; an Educational Specialist Degree (Ed.S.); as well as Credential Endorsements.
The School of Education, part of the College of Human Sciences and Education, is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
We are more than happy to meet with you and discuss any questions or concerns that you might have. For more information, please contact our program coordinator:
Dr. Ann Clapper