EDP Degree Plans
Degree Plans for each degree and option area require a minimum of 90 semester credits for degree completion. Courses from a masters program or equivalent are permitted up to a maximum of 30 credit hours.
Course requirements are divided into categories as follows:
- Education Doctoral Program Core (minimum of 16 hours)
- Disciplined Inquiry (minimum of 18 hours for Ph.D., minimum of 15 hours for Ed.D.)
- Option Area Core (minimum of 9 hours)
- Professional Emphasis (minimum of 9 hours for Ph.D., minimum of 12 hours for Ed.D.)
- Dissertation (minimum of 12 hours)
A general description of purpose and requirements is provided for each option on additional pages of this site. Sample individual plans of study will be made available during the orientation course, Philosophical Foundation of Scholarship. A Plan of Study is unique for each student to help meet anticipated professional goals. The individual plans will be developed during the orientation course to introduce the uniqueness of this program.