Minnesota Teacher Licensure
Minnesota Educators License Requirements
NOTE: if you do substitute teaching or have a teaching position in a Minnesota elementary or secondary public school, you must hold a valid Minnesota teaching license. Minnesota does not have licensure reciprocity with any other state.
· Complete an approved teacher education program (meeting all NDSU Teacher Education requirements)
· Teachers who do not meet the requirements listed below, but otherwise meet all other licensure requirements, may be granted a one-year, non-renewable license, during which time these additional requirements must be met. The non-renewable license is for one academic school year and expire on June 30.
· Complete a course in Human Relations Minnesota (EDUC 489 may meet this requirement)
· Complete the MTLE exams for basic skills, content, and pedagogy (See http://www.mtle.nesinc.com)
· Complete all application materials including a background check. Materials can be found at http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/EdExc/Licen/index.html or from the Certification Officer in FLC 210