Jessica Jensen, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Office Location: 428B6 Minard Hall
Cell Phone: 701-219-4293
Office Phone: 701-231-5886
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., 2010, Emergency Management, North Dakota State University
- M.S., 2007, Emergency Management, North Dakota State University
- B.A., 2004, Political Science, California State University, Northridge
- Development of emergency management as an academic discipline (including its disciplinary nature, core concepts, theory, and curriculum)
- Synthesis of the findings related to hazards, vulnerability, and associated events from the various academic disciplines conducting research on these topics and integration of the aforementioned findings into the discipline of emergency management
- Measurement of effectiveness and efficiency in preparedness for, response to, and recovery from hazard events
- Learning in emergency management (e.g., after-action evaluations)
- Incident management systems (e.g., National Incident Management System, Incident Command System)
Get to Know Jessica
Why is Jessica passionate about emergency management and how does she translate that passion to students in the classroom? Check out the video-answers.
What does Jessica understand emergency management to be? Check out her 4-part playlist addressing this topic.
What's Jessica's teaching style? What excites her about working with students in the program? And what will make students most successful in the program? Find out in the video below.
What does Jessica enjoy about being on the faculty at NDSU? Here's her answer by video.
What does Jessica enjoy doing outside of work? Check out the video-answer.