Administrative Assistant Position: 10 Hours a Week.
The English Department at NDSU is looking for an administrative assistant to work approximately 10 hours a week on various tasks: supporting existing administrative duties, maintaining the department's website and Facebook page, assisting with registration, composing a department newsletter, keeping a calendar and sending reminders of events, supporting events, assisting with assessment of events, etc.
Position is funded through May 2016 and will be re-assessed at that time. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Required skills and attributes:
1. Good writing skills.
2. Experience with web content creation and social media tools.
3. Organized and self-directed.
1. Bachelor's degree, English major or minor. Will consider someone working towards a degree, as well as degrees beyond Bachelor.
2. Administrative, public relations, technical writing, or professional writing experience.
3. Experience working in office settings.
The position will be a time-slip, non-benefitted position, meaning the person hired will get paid for hours worked. Ten hours is a general estimate with some weeks consisting of fewer hours, other weeks consisting of up to 20 hours during the school year.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work (electronic or paper portfolio) to Gary Totten, firstname.lastname@example.org, that highlights writing and design skills, content management skills, or other skills essential to this position.
Review of candidates will begin February 15, 2016, and continue until position is filled. Ideally, the person hired will be able to start immediately.
The mailing address for the English Department is:
Dr. Gary Totten
P.O. Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050