NDSU’s Strategic Vision 2015 – 2020 identifies several goals related to the recruitment and retention of undergraduate students. The plan recognizes the significant growth of the institution from 2000 – 2009 and the need to “seek balanced growth” including the need for infrastructure and staffing. Specifically, the objectives and accompanying metrics of the plan call for the following:
- Strategically Increase Undergraduate Student Enrollment
- Undergraduate enrollment of 15,000 students
- Average composite ACT rises to 24.4; average high school GPA rises to 3.5
- Improve undergraduate graduation rates
- 4 year rate improves from 25% to 30%; 6 year from 50% to 60%
Several strategies are identified in order to reach the above objectives and some are already underway including efforts in the admission office aimed at increasing the size of the prospect pool, expanding the reach of NDSU advertising, and the implementation of Student Success Collaborative, a comprehensive advising platform and institutional analytics tool. One important strategy identified in the plan is the creation of a Strategic Enrollment Management Committee.