Dr. David A. Rider
Department of Entomology
North Dakota State University
268 Hultz Hall
NDSU Dept. 7650
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Phone: (701) 231-7908
Fax: (701) 231-8557
B.S. Purdue University, Biology.
M.S. Auburn University, Entomology.
Ph.D. Louisiana State University, Entomology.
- Systematics of the Pentatomoidea, especially the Pentatomidae
- Molecular Genetics
- Ecology of the northern tallgrass prairie arthropods
750. Systematic Entomology. 5 cr. Introduction to systematic methods and principles, identification of common families of insects. Offered fall, even years.
760. Insect Structure. 4 cr. Structure and function of insect anatomy. The development of adult form from embryonic and larval precursors during growth and metamorphosis, evolutionary development of insect structures. Offered fall, odd years.
751. Immature Insects. 3 cr. Characteristics of the immature forms of the orders and principal families of insects. Offered fall, odd years.
Jacquelin Stenehjem (co-advise with Mark Boetel)