Education and Training
The Equity Office offers several education and training opportunities throughout the year. Please check back to this page for updates and opportunities to register.
Training Requirements for NDSU Employees
All NDSU employees are required to complete Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training.
- Within the first 30 days of employment, you must complete the online training entitled "Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence: Title IX, VAWA, and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff".
- The online training can be accessed at this link: https://slate.workplaceanswers.com/northdakotasu (Please note: If you have difficulty logging in, try another web browser.)
- Within the first 6 months of employment, you must complete the face-to-face Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. Attending the face-to-face session meets this training obligation for 3 years.
- Review the list of scheduled trainings below. Select a date that works for you and click on the registration link.
- Current employees are required to participate in face-to-face Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. Attending the face-to-face session meets this training obligation for 3 years.
- If you have not yet attended a face-to-face session, select a date that works for you and click on the registration link in the next section.
Those employees who are unable to attend the face-to-face session, can complete the "Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence: Title IX, VAWA, and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff" training at the above link. This online training fulfills the mandatory training obligation for only 1 year.
Equal Opportunity/Title IX Mandatory Training Sessions
Participants in these in-person, interactive training sessions will be in compliance (will not need to complete further Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training) for three years. Please note that completion of Equal Opportunity/Title IX training will be tracked in Track Training. Certificates of completion will not be provided for in-person training.
|July 17, 2018||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Mandan Room||Register here|
|August 7, 2018||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|September 12, 2018||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|October 25, 2018||10:00 - 11:30 am||MU Mandan Room||Register here|
|November 14, 2018||2:00 - 3:30 pm||MU Prairie Room||Register here|
|December 6, 2018||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Hidatsa Room||Register here|
|January 15, 2019||10:00 - 11:30 am||MU Rose Room||Register here|
|February 13, 2019||2:00 - 3:30 pm||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|March 20, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Prairie Room||Register here|
|April 11, 2019||10:00 - 11:30 am||MU Mandan Room||Register here|
|May 22, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
Supervisor Supplement - EO/Title IX Training Sessions
Supervisors are required to complete the Supervisor Supplement for EO/Title IX Trainig on an annual basis. This training specifically covers the responsibilities of supervisors in addressing potential climate issues in your work areas. Supervisors of full-time or part-time, professional or student employees are required to complete this training after completing the basic Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training.
|August 13, 2018||10:00 - 11:00 am||MU Mandan Room||Register here|
|October 17, 2018||10:00 - 11:00 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|December 19, 2018||10:00 - 11:00 am||MU Mandan Room||Register here|
|February 21, 2019||1:00 - 2:00 pm||MU Mandan Room||Register here|
|April 17, 2019||2:00 - 3:00 pm||MU Hidatsa Room||Register here|
|June 11, 2019||9:00 - 10:00 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
Safe Zone Ally Training Sessions
Three levels of Safe Zone Ally Training are offered throughout the year. Participants are asked to take these sessions sequentially, as the information is scaffolded. Training descriptions are available at the Safe Zone website - www.ndsu.edu/safezone
Register here for Safe Zone Ally Training
|Level 1 - Becoming an Ally||June 12, 2018||1:30pm-3:00pm||Mandan Room, MU||Register here|
|Level 2 - Gender Identity||June 19, 2018||1:30pm-3:00pm||Hidatsa Room, MU||Register here|
|Level 3 - Upstander||June 21, 2018||1:30pm-3:00pm||Room of Nations, MU||Register here|
Community of Respect Training
The Community of Respect initiative has been in place at NDSU since 2011 and is designed to improve inter-cultural competencies and provide hands-on strategies to assist participants in learning how to work more effectively with colleagues and students whose cultural backgrounds are different from their own. Additional information about Community of Respect can be found at this link: https://www.ndsu.edu/equity/education_and_training/community_of_respect/
|June 7, 2018||9:00 - 11:00am||MU Hidatsa Room||Register here|