The Equity Office offers several education and training opportunities throughout the year. Please continually check back to this page for updates and opportunities to register.
If you have questions about whether you have completed your required trainings, NDSU provides a Track Training application to assist employees and supervisors with training compliance. For more information visit: https://apps.ndsu.edu/tracktraining/.
Mandatory Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training Requirements for NDSU Employees
- All fulltime employees must complete the mandatory in-person Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. Attending an in-person session meets this training obligation for three years. For off campus employees, in-person training will be available through Zoom.
- New employees are required to complete in-person Equal Opportunity/Title IX training within 60 days of their employment start date.
- Due to additional reporting and employee oversight responsibilities, beginning July 1, 2019, all supervisors (includes chairs, heads, deans, and directors - individuals with assigned supervisory duties over a unit) must complete the mandatory in-person Supervisor Supplement training. Attending an in-person session meets the training obligation for one year. For off campus employees, in-person training will be available through Zoom.
- Schedules and links to register for in-person training, are listed below.
- In-person Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training sessions are offered each month. Employees must register in advance to attend a training session. Employees must bring their employee ID card or employee number to receive credit for the training. You must be present for the entirety of the training to receive credit for the training.
- In-person Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training sessions are offered each month. Employees must register in advance to attend a training session. Employees much bring their employee ID or employee number to receive credit for the training. You must be present for the entirety of the training to receive credit for the training.
- Additional training not listed on the Equity Office website may be requested. The Equity Office may schedule training as time and room availability allows.
Resolving Discrimination, Harassment, and ADA/Title IX
Thursday, September 13, 2018 Arikara, Memorial Union
8:30-10:00 a.m. Workshop for Chairs, Heads, Directors.
12:00-1:30 p.m. Workshop for Review Committee Members and Hearing Officers.
3:00-4:00 p.m. Workshop for Cabinet, VPs, Deans.
Equal Opportunity/Title IX Mandatory Training Sessions
Participants in these in-person interactive training sessions will be in compliance (will not need to complete further Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training) for three years. Please note that completion of Equal Opportunity/Title IX training will be tracked in Track Training. Certificates of completion will not be provided.
|July 13, 2020||10:00 - 11:30 am CST||Via Zoom||Register here|
|July 29, 2020||11:00 - 12:30 pm CST||Via Zoom||Register here|
|August 5, 2020||2:00 - 3:30 pm CST||Via Zoom||Register here|
|August 14, 2020||9:00 - 10:30 am CST||Via Zoom||Register here|
|August 27, 2020||5:00 - 6:30 pm CST||Via Zoom||Register here|
Supervisor Supplement - Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training Sessions
Participants in these in-person, interactive training sessions will be in compliance (will not need to complete further Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/ Title IX Training) for one year. Please note that completion of Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/Title IX training will be tracked in Track Training. Certificates of completion will not be provided.
|July 23, 2020||2:00 - 3:00 pm CST||Via Zoom||Register here|
|August 11, 2020||12:00 - 1:00 pm CST||Via Zoom||Register here|
Safe Zone Ally Training Sessions
Three levels of Safe Zone Ally Training are offered throughout the year. Participants are asked to take these sessions sequentially, as the information is scaffolded. Training descriptions are available at the Safe Zone website - www.ndsu.edu/safezone
|LEVEL ||DATE||TIME ||LOCATION ||REGISTER|
|Safe Zone I: Sex, Sexuality, and Allyship||May 28, 2020||2:30 - 4:00 pm||Via Zoom||Register here|
|Safe Zone II: Allyship and Gender Identity and Expression||June 4, 2020||2:30 - 4:00 pm||Via Zoom||Register here|
|Safe Zone III: Upstander||June 11, 2020||2:30 - 4:00 pm||Via Zoom||Register here|
If your student organization, academic department, or administrative unit is interested in scheduling Safe Zone trainings outside those already scheduled, please contact Creighton Brown, Inclusive Excellence Initiatives Coordinator, at email@example.com
Community of Respect Training
The Community of Respect initiative has been in place at NDSU since 2011 and is designed to improve inter-cultural competencies and provide hands-on strategies to assist participants in learning how to work more effectively with colleagues and students whose cultural backgrounds are different from their own. Additional information about Community of Respect can be found at this link: https://www.ndsu.edu/equity/education_and_training/community_of_respect/
|Module 1||Jan. 15, 2020||1:30 - 3:30 pm||Meadow Lark, MU||Register here|
|Module 2||Jan. 29, 2020||1:30 - 3:30 pm||Meadow Lark, MU||Register here|
|Module 3||Feb. 12, 2020||1:00 - 3:00 pm||Meadow Lark, MU||Register here|
|Module 4||Feb. 26, 2020||1:30 - 3:30 pm||Hidatsa, MU||Register here|
|Module 1||May 21, 2020||10:00 - 11:30 am||Via Zoom||Register here|
|Module 2||May 28, 2020||10:00 - 11:30 am||Via Zoom||Register here|
|Module 3||June 4, 2020||10:00 - 11:30 am||Via Zoom||Register here|
|Module 4||June 11, 2020||10:00 - 11:30 am||Via Zoom||Register here|
Training required within three years of any academic search for all for search committee chairs and highly recommended for search committee members to ensure an effective and efficient search process. This training explains how stereotypes, implicit associations, unconscious bias, and cultural differences can effect a search and how to avoid letting these influence decisions made during the search process. Additional information about Searching for Excellence: Search Training for Search Committees can be found at this link: https://www.ndsu.edu/provost/administrative_units/facultyaffairs/faculty_recruitment/
A signature program designed to improve gender equity through the direct and proactive engagement of male faculty. These male allies serve as change agents, committing to be active and vocal proponents of gender diversity and equity specifically in terms of increasing the number of women faculty, encouraging the hiring and promotion of women faculty in administrative positions, and ensuring the fair and equitable treatment of women within their units. To further the recruitment, retention, promotion, and sustainability of women faculty in engineering across a broader spectrum of academic institutions. Additional information about Ally Training can be found at this link: www.ndsu.edu/forward/