The Equity Office offers several education and training opportunities throughout the year. Please continually check back to this page for updates and opportunities to register.
Mandatory Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training Requirements for NDSU Employees
- All NDSU employees (faculty, staff, students, and administrators) must complete the mandatory face-to-face Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. Attending a face-to-face session meets this training obligation for three years. For off campus employees, face-to-face training will be available through IVN. Undergraduate and graduate student employees are included in this requirement and must complete the face-to-face Equal Opportunity/Title IX training. Current employees who only take the online training will not fulfill the mandatory training requirement and will be out of compliance.
- New employees must complete online training within 30 days of employment at NDSU. Online training, entitled "Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence:Title IX, VAWA, and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff" is available from this link https://slate.workplaceanswers.com/northdakotasu If you experiences difficulty logging in, please try another browser.
- New employees are also required to complete face-to-face Equal Opportunity/ Title IX training within 6 months of their employment start date.
- Due to additional reporting and employee oversight responsibilities, beginning July 1, 2019, all supervisors at NDSU will be required to attend an additional face-to-face training entitled, Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. There is no online version of this training. Supervisors must complete this training on an annual basis. Supervisors include chairs, heads, deans, and directors. These are individuals with assigned supervisory duties over employees.
- Schedules and links to register for face-to-face training, are listed below.
- Face-to-face Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training sessions are offered each month. Employees must register in advance to attend a training session. Employees must bring their employee ID card or employee number to receive credit for the training. You must be present for the entirety of the training to receive credit for the training.
- Additional training not listed on the Equity Office website may be requested. The Equity office may schedule training as time and room availability allows.
- Face-to-face Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training sessions are offered each month. Employees must register in advance to attend a training session. Employees much bring their employee ID or employee number to receive credit for the training. You must be present for the entirety of the training to receive credit for the training.
Resolving Discrimination, Harassment, and ADA/Title IX
Thursday, September 13, 2018 Arikara, Memorial Union
8:30-10:00 a.m. Workshop for Chairs, Heads, Directors.
12:00-1:30 p.m. Workshop for Review Committee Members and Hearing Officers.
3:00-4:00 p.m. Workshop for Cabinet, VPs, Deans.
Equal Opportunity/Title IX Mandatory Training Sessions
Participants in these face-to-face, interactive training sessions will be in compliance (will not need to complete further Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training) for three years. Please note that completion of Equal Opportunity/Title IX training will be tracked in Track Training. Certificates of completion will not be provided.
|July 18, 2019||1:00 - 2:30 pm||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|August 12, 2019||10:00 - 11:30 am||MU Hidatsa Room||Register here|
|August 26, 2019||1:30 - 3:00 pm||MU Arikara Room (Incoming graduate students only)||Register here|
|August 26, 2019||1:30 - 3:00 pm||MU Plains Room (Incoming graduate students only)||Register here|
|September 5, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|September 25, 2019||2:00 - 3:30 pm||MU Badlands||Register here|
|October 9, 2019||10:00 - 11:30 am||Arikara||Register here|
|October 16, 2019||10:00-11:30 am (CST)||EML 170 IVN training for off campus employees only||Register here|
|October 28, 2019||3:00 - 4:30 pm||Arikara||Register here|
|November 14, 2019||1:00 - 2:30 pm (CST)||EML 183 IVN training for off campus employees only||Register here|
|December 13, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am (CST)||EML 170 IVN training for off campus employees only||Register here|
Supervisor Supplement - Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training Sessions
Participants in these face-to-face, interactive training sessions will be in compliance (will not need to complete further Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/ Title IX Training) for one year. Please note that completion of Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/Title IX training will be tracked in Track Training. Certificates of completion will not be provided.
|July 10, 2019||10:00 - 11:00 am||(CST) MU Room of Nations||Register here|
|August 7, 2019||9:00-10:00 am|
NDSU QBB 422 - IVN Training (off campus employees only)
|August 15, 2019||2:00 - 3:00 pm||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|September 18, 2019||11:00 - 12:00 pm||MU Prairie||Register here|
|October 18, 2019||10:00 - 11:00 am||Badlands||Register here|
Safe Zone Ally Training Sessions
Three levels of Safe Zone Ally Training are offered throughout the year. Participants are asked to take these sessions sequentially, as the information is scaffolded. Training descriptions are available at the Safe Zone website - www.ndsu.edu/safezone
Register here for Safe Zone Ally Training
|LEVEL ||DATE ||TIME ||LOCATION ||REGISTER |
|Level 1 - Sex, Sexuality, and Allyship||June 4, 2019||10 - 11:30 am||Room of Nations, EML||Register here|
|Level 2 - Allyship and Gender: Identity and Expression||June 11, 2019||10 - 11:30 am||Room of Nations, EML||Register here|
|Level 3 - Upstander||June 18, 2019||10 - 11:30 am||Prairie Room, MU||Register here|
Community of Respect Training
The Community of Respect initiative has been in place at NDSU since 2011 and is designed to improve inter-cultural competencies and provide hands-on strategies to assist participants in learning how to work more effectively with colleagues and students whose cultural backgrounds are different from their own. Additional information about Community of Respect can be found at this link: https://www.ndsu.edu/equity/education_and_training/community_of_respect/
|Module 1||May 29, 2019||10:00 - 12:00 pm||Hidatsa, MU||Register here|
|Module 2||June 12, 2019||10:00 - 11:30am||Hidatsa, MU||Register here|
|Module 3||June 26, 2019||9:30 - 11:00 am||Room of Nations, FLC||Register here|
|Module 4||July 10, 2019||1:00 - 2:30 pm||Room of Nations, FLC|
Training required within three years of any academic search for all for search committee chairs and highly recommended for search committee members to ensure an effective and efficient search process. This training explains how stereotypes, implicit associations, unconscious bias, and cultural differences can effect a search and how to avoid letting these influence decisions made during the search process. Additional information about Searching for Excellence: Search Training for Search Committees can be found at this link: https://www.ndsu.edu/forward/
A signature program designed to improve gender equity through the direct and proactive engagement of male faculty. These male allies serve as change agents, committing to be active and vocal proponents of gender diversity and equity specifically in terms of increasing the number of women faculty, encouraging the hiring and promotion of women faculty in administrative positions, and ensuring the fair and equitable treatment of women within their units. To further the recruitment, retention, promotion, and sustainability of women faculty in engineering across a broader spectrum of academic institutions. Additional information about Ally Training can be found at this link: www.ndsu.edu/forward/