Education and Training
The Equity Office offers several education and training opportunities throughout the year. Please check back to this page for updates and opportunities to register.
Mandatory Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training Requirements for NDSU Employees
All NDSU employees (faculty, staff, students, and administrators) must complete the mandatory Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. Previously the training was only available in an online format that was completed annually. In October 2016, the Equity Office launched a 90-minute, in-person training course that is required to be completed every three years.
- Current employees are required to participate in face-to-face Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. Attending the face-to-face session meets this training obligation for 3 years.
- Online training must be completed by all new employees within 30 days of employment at NDSU. Online training, entitled "Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence: Title IX, VAWA, and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff" is available from this link https://slate.workplaceanswers.com/northdakotasu
(Please note: If you have difficulty logging in, try another web browser.)
- In-person training must be completed within six months of the start of their employment.
- Undergraduate and graduate student employees are included in the requirement to complete Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training on a regular basis.
- Due to additional reporting and employee oversight responsibilities, beginning July 1, 2019, all supervisors at NDSU will be required to attend an additional in-person Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training. There is no online version of this training. Supervisors must complete this training on an annual basis beginning July 1, 2019. Supervisors include chairs, heads, deans, and directors. These are individuals with assigned supervisory duties over employees.
- Schedules and links to register for in-person training, as well as links to online training, are listed below.
- In-person Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training sessions will be offered on a monthly basis for all employees to attend. Employees must register in advance to attend a training session.
- Additional training not listed on the Equity Office website may be requested. The Equity office may schedule training as time and room availability allows.
- Supervisor Supplement: Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training sessions will be offered, beginning July 1, 2018, on a bimonthly basis. Supervisors must register in advance to attend a training session.
- All training will be tracked in Track Training. Certificates of completion will not be provided for in-person training.
Those employees who are unable to attend the face-to-face session, can complete the "Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence: Title IX, VAWA, and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff" training at this link:https://slate.workplaceanswers.com/northdakotasu.
This online training fulfills the mandatory training obligation for only 1 year.
Resolving Discrimination, Harassment, and ADA/Title IX Complaints
Thursday, September 13, 2018 Arikara, Memorial Union
8:30-10:00 a.m. Workshop for Chairs, Heads, Directors.
12:00-1:30 p.m. Workshop for Review Committee Members and Hearing Officers.
3:00-4:00 p.m. Workshop for Cabinet, VPs, Deans.
Register for the event here.
Equal Opportunity/Title IX Mandatory Training Sessions
Participants in these in-person, interactive training sessions will be in compliance (will not need to complete further Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training) for three years. Please note that completion of Equal Opportunity/Title IX training will be tracked in Track Training. Certificates of completion will not be provided for in-person training.
|March 20, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Prairie Room||Register here|
|April 11, 2019||10:00 - 11:30 am||MU Mandan Room||Register here|
|April 30, 2019||11:30 - 1:00 pm||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|May 22, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|June 12, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|July 18, 2019||1:00 - 2:30 pm||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|August 12, 2019||10:00 - 11:30 am||MU Hidatsa Room||Register here|
Supervisor Supplement - EO/Title IX Training Sessions
Supervisors are required to complete the Supervisor Supplement for EO/Title IX Training on an annual basis. This training specifically covers the responsibilities of supervisors in addressing potential climate issues in your work areas. Supervisors of full-time or part-time, professional or student employees are required to complete this training after completing the basic Equal Opportunity/Title IX Training.
|April 17, 2019||2:00 - 3:00 pm||MU Hidatsa Room||Register here|
|June 11, 2019||9:00 - 10:00 am||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
|July 10, 2019||10:00 - 11:00 am||MU Room of Nations||Register here|
|August 15, 2019||2:00 - 3:00 pm||MU Arikara Room||Register here|
Safe Zone Ally Training Sessions
Three levels of Safe Zone Ally Training are offered throughout the year. Participants are asked to take these sessions sequentially, as the information is scaffolded. Training descriptions are available at the Safe Zone website - www.ndsu.edu/safezone
Register here for Safe Zone Ally Training
|LEVEL ||DATE ||TIME ||LOCATION ||REGISTER |
|Level 1 - Becoming an Ally||April 3, 2019||3 - 4:30 pm||Room of Nations, EML||Register here|
|Level 2 - Gender Identity||April 17, 2019||3 - 4:30 pm||Room of Nations, EML||Register here|
|Level 3 - Upstander||May 1, 2019||3 - 4:30 pm||Room of Nations, EML||Register here|
Community of Respect Training
The Community of Respect initiative has been in place at NDSU since 2011 and is designed to improve inter-cultural competencies and provide hands-on strategies to assist participants in learning how to work more effectively with colleagues and students whose cultural backgrounds are different from their own. Additional information about Community of Respect can be found at this link: https://www.ndsu.edu/equity/education_and_training/community_of_respect/
|Module 1||November 6, 2018||9:00 - 11:00 am||Mandan Room, MU||Register here|
|Module 2||January 22, 2019||9:00 - 10:30am||Mandan Room, MU||Register here|
|Module 3||February 26, 2019||9:00 - 10:30 am||Mandan Room, MU||Register here|
|Module 4||February 27, 2019||1:00 - 2:30 pm||Mandan Room, MU||Register here|