ND Women in Higher Education Network
The mission of the North Dakota Women in Higher Education Network (ND WHEN) is to advance women's careers and leadership in North Dakota higher education.
NDWHEN seeks to accomplish this mission by:
- Creating a network of women in higher education leadership positions;
- Providing professional development opportunities for women employed by North Dakota's colleges and universities;
- Promoting the visibility, recognition, and advancement of women qualified by education, experience, and personal characteristics for leadership positions in higher education;
- Eliminating barriers to women's achievement in higher education leadership.
Membership in NDWHEN is open to anyone with a commitment to advancing women's leadership in higher education in North Dakota.
NDWHEN is a part of the national ACE Women's Network, coordinated by the Inclusive Excellence Group of the American Council on Education.
The work of NDWHEN is guided by a State Coordinator, the Board of Directors, Institutional Representatives, and Presidential Sponsors. The roles of these individuals are more fully described in the NDWHEN Bylaws.
Next Step Mentorship Program
We are excited to announce a new initiative offered by ND WHEN - the Next Step Mentorship Program.
This program is intended to connect aspiring women leaders with women mentors who hold (or have held) leadership roles in Higher Education to further the aspiring leaders' careers and to help "move the needle" - a.k.a. increasing the number of women holding leadership positions in higher education.
Details about the Next Step Mentorship Program are available at this link. If you are an aspiring leader or someone who would be willing to mentor an aspiring leader, information is provided about getting involved. Placements will be made on a continual basis.
ND WHEN Resources
For more information about ND WHEN, contact Laura Oster-Aaland at Laura.Oster-Aaland@ndsu.edu or 701-231-7052.
Board of Directors:
- Kaylyn Bondy, Williston State College
- Katie Fitzsimmons, North Dakota University System
- Laurie Geller, Minot State University
- Anne Kelsch, University of North Dakota
- Melissa Naslund, University of North Dakota
- Laura Oster-Aaland, North Dakota State University
- Jane Vangsness Frisch, North Dakota State College of Science
- Dean Bresciani, North Dakota State University
- Mark Kennedy, University of North Dakota
- Cynthia Lindquist, Candeska Cikana Community College
- John Richman, North Dakota State College of Science
- Steven Shirley, Minot State University and Dakota College at Bottineau
- Laurel A. Vermillion, Sitting Bull College
Bylaws - available here
To stay in touch with the latest from NDWHEN, subscribe to our listserv. Click here for directions.
2018 ND WHEN Conference Theme and Date Announced
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 ND WHEN Conference will be hosted by Minot State University on Friday, November 2.
Our conference theme will be Transition & Transformation.
Please check back for more details.