ND Women in Higher Education Network
The mission of the North Dakota Women in Higher Education Network (ND WHEN) is to advance women's careers and leadership in North Dakota higher education.
NDWHEN seeks to accomplish this mission by:
- Creating a network of women in higher education leadership positions;
- Providing professional development opportunities for women employed by North Dakota's colleges and universities;
- Promoting the visibility, recognition, and advancement of women qualified by education, experience, and personal characteristics for leadership positions in higher education;
- Eliminating barriers to women's achievement in higher education leadership.
Membership in NDWHEN is open to anyone with a commitment to advancing women's leadership in higher education in North Dakota. For more information about membership, contact the State Coordinator.
NDWHEN is a part of the national ACE Women's Network, coordinated by the Inclusive Excellence Group of the American Council on Education.
The work of NDWHEN is guided by a State Coordinator, the Board of Directors, Institutional Representatives, and Presidential Sponsors. The roles of these individuals are more fully described in the NDWHEN Bylaws.
The annual NDWHEN Conference is scheduled for Friday, November 3 in the NDSU Memorial Union. The theme for this year's conference is "Courage, Compassion, Connection". Registration fee is $40.
Registration deadline is Tuesday, October 31. Register online here.
ND WHEN Resources
- Kara Gravley-Stack, NDSU
Board of Directors:
- Amy Beito, Rasmussen College
- Laurie Geller, Minot State University
- Melissa Naslund, Minot State University
- Laura Oster-Aaland, NDSU
- Jane Vangsness Frisch, NDSCS
- Cynthia Lindquist, Candeska Cikana Community College
- Laurel A. Vermillion, Sitting Bull College
Bylaws - available here