Including U: Brown Bag Conversations
Including U is a brown bag conversation series focusing on a diverse range of experiences and identities in Higher Education. These sessions are held in the Arikara Room of Memorial Union from Noon to 1 pm on the dates listed below. These discussions are OPEN TO ALL of the NDSU community: Faculty, Students, and Staff!
The MISSION of Including U is…
- To develop community among staff, students, and faculty through dialogue, learning, and mutual visioning;
- To engage people around campus in consideration of various experiences and identities in Higher Education, particularly those which may be underrepresented;
- To provide information from experts in a topic as an introduction to certain lived realities in our campus or local community;
- To shed light on present efforts to work towards inclusion related to the topic presented; and
- To spark dialogue about challenges, ideas, concerns, and hopes regarding the development of inclusive practices at NDSU.
Participants are encouraged to bring lunch with them to the discussions. Each brown bag session hosts experts from the local community and NDSU to present on a particular topic and invite dialogue.
Series Calendar 2019-2020
First Generation Experiences
Autism and Higher Ed
Being Black in Higher Ed
Latinx Identities and Campus Life
Being Desi on Campus