Campus Improvements News/Updates
Updated July 24, 2015
Please check our website each week for important project updates and information relating to the improvement of our Campus. While we make every effort to keep this list current, there may be delays and adjustments by our team or outside contractors due to weather and other unforeseen consequences. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 231-7911.We ask you to please exercise caution when you are around construction areas.
Please note, time lines may change based on weather and construction site working conditions.
- As of Tuesday, 7/14/15, Albrecht Blvd. will be closed to ALL north & south bound traffic between 15th Ave. N. and 17th Ave. N.
- This road closure will be in effect from 7/14/15 to 7/27/15; to allow for proper concrete cure time.
- MU Lot construction has begun for the new entry/exit lane. Some sidewalks to the south of the Memorial Union will be closed to foot traffic, please plan accordingly.
- The North ½ of R Lot is being completely reconstructed and will incorporate the old tennis courts into the design. The South ½ of R Lot will be completed in the summer of 2016. This lot will have nearly 1000 parking spaces in it when it is fully completed.
- T Lot construction has begun. The removal of Thordarson will provide an additional 50 parking spots for the T Lot.
- Ehly Hall – Ehly Hall remains closed for remodeling and will reopen for the Fall Semester.
- Engineering (previously Architecture) – Phase 1 of the Engineering remodeling is underway and will be complete around Thanksgiving.
- Music Building – Construction on a new front entrance is underway and anticipated to be complete around the end of August.
- Stevens Hall – Construction on the north entrance and elevator is underway and scheduled for fall completion.
- Heating Plant – Work is currently underway to replace our largest gas boiler at the Heating Plant this summer. The new boiler will be operational in time of the 2015 / 2016 heating season.
- Reed Hall – Phase 1 of the bathroom renovations is underway and scheduled to be completed by August 21, 2015.
- Union Dining Center – Expansion of the Union Dining Center will be completed this summer.
- QBB Power System Upgrade – QBB will be getting a new, larger generator and an upgraded electrical service. This project is underway with generator delivery scheduled for the end of July.
- Library – The library renovation is currently underway and scheduled to be completed by Nov 1, 2015. The renovation will include a newly remodeled front entry to help with entering and exiting the library as well as increasing ADA accessibility, a newly remodeled circulation and staff area, an updated and accessible public elevator, and an open stair to the newly constructed Math Emporium.
- Elevator Upgrades – Upgrades will be completed on Loftsgard, Dolve and NCI this summer.
- Roof Replacements – Beginning on May 18, (unless otherwise noted) the following roofs, or portions of them, will be replaced on Campus.
- Heating Plant
- Reed (starting week of May 26)
- Hultz (starting week of April 27)
- Thorson (starting week of May 4)
- Stevens / Gate City Bank Auditorium
- Sidewalks / Steps – Sidewalk work will be ongoing with work being done at the following locations:
- Shepperd Arena
- Loftsgard West Side
- LLC Motorcycle pad addition
- Barry Hall
- Minard Hall Sidewalk and railings
- RDC Bus Stop
- Criminal Justice Sidewalk repair
- Ladd Hall accessible ramp
- Memorial Union – South Side
- South Engineering
- Auxiliary / University Police and Safety
- Irrigation – We are currently completing irrigation installations at Shepperd Arena, the Engineering Complex, QBB and FLC / EML.