Campus Improvements News/Updates
Updated July 24, 2015
Please check our website each week for important project updates and information relating to the improvement of our Campus. While we make every effort to keep this list current, there may be delays and adjustments by our team or outside contractors due to weather and other unforeseen consequences. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 231-7911.We ask you to please exercise caution when you are around construction areas.
- The Parking Office / ANPC Lot will be redone this Fall. Please watch our News and Announcements page for additional details and parking instructions in this area, as we get closer to construction.
- Ehly Hall – Ehly Hall remains closed for remodeling and will reopen for the Fall Semester.
- Engineering (previously Architecture) – Phase 1 of the Engineering remodeling is underway and will be complete around Thanksgiving.
- Music Building – Construction on a new front entrance is underway and anticipated to be complete around the end of August.
- Stevens Hall – Construction on the north entrance and elevator is underway and scheduled for fall completion.
- Heating Plant – Work is currently underway to replace our largest gas boiler at the Heating Plant this summer. The new boiler will be operational in time of the 2015 / 2016 heating season.
- Reed Hall – Phase 1 of the bathroom renovations is underway and scheduled to be completed by August 21, 2015.
- Union Dining Center – Expansion of the Union Dining Center will be completed this summer.
- QBB Power System Upgrade – QBB will be getting a new, larger generator and an upgraded electrical service. This project is underway with generator delivery scheduled for the end of July.
- Library – The library renovation is currently underway and scheduled to be completed by Nov 1, 2015. The renovation will include a newly remodeled front entry to help with entering and exiting the library as well as increasing ADA accessibility, a newly remodeled circulation and staff area, an updated and accessible public elevator, and an open stair to the newly constructed Math Emporium.
- Elevator Upgrades – Upgrades will be completed on Loftsgard, Dolve and NCI this summer.
- Irrigation – Reed Hall irrigation will commence after Labor Day, with work scheduled to be completed by October 1, 2015. Work is also ongoing around the South side of the Memorial Union. Please watch your step in these areas.