Program approvals (for new majors, minors, certificates) are completed via CourseLeaf CIM Program Management (Propose New Program).
- Complete and attach New Program Exploration form to Courseleaf program proposal. This step is intended to be a heads up to the State Board of Higher Education and their staff. Normally, it should come about one to four months before the second stage. (Wait for state approval.)
- Complete and attach New Program Request form to CourseLeaf program proposal. The second step requires a more elaborate proposal. This proposal must be approved by the offering department(s). the College(s) Curriculum Committee(s), the Graduate School (if a graduate program), the University Curriculum Committee, the Faculty Senate, the Provost, the President of the University, and the State Board of Higher Education.
New Prefix/College/Department or Change to Prefix/College
- Complete appropriate state form.
- Submit memo on departmental/college letterhead, outlining the request (Word/PDF document).
- Obtain all department and college-level signatures, including for any interdisciplinary departments/colleges.
- Submit paperwork to the Registrar, 110 Ceres Hall.
- Questions? Contact Dr. Philip Hunt.
NDUS Forms and Procedures:
- Program Termination Form
- Program Inactivation (up to 3 years in this status)
- New Course Prefix
- Academic Program Title or CIP Change
- Academic Program Degree Type
- New Program Exploration
- New Program Request
- Department/School Name Change
- Program Delivery Method Change: Format a memo to the Provost Office requesting which delivery methods are to be added (Traditional face-to-face; Distance; Online; Off-Campus In-person; Hybrid (both on-campus & distance; Offsite Location ______)
- New Center/Institute: Format a memo to the Provost Office requesting new center or institute, including a description of the new center/institute, and the funding source(s).