An item submitted to an NDSU faculty email list will be posted only if:
- It is directly related to University concerns;
- It originates from a sender who has an obvious affiliation with NDSU;
- It does not include attachments;
- Any political or religious content is of general interest (such as announcing an on-campus event) and does not endorse a particular viewpoint or individual; and
- All content submitted to NDSU email lists must conform to Policy 158, Acceptable Use of Electronic Communications Devices.
There are two different Faculty Email Lists. Please route your email based upon each listserv’s distribution criteria.
A. Faculty Mandatory Listserv — (NDSU-FACULTY@listserv.nodak.edu)
- Please use this list if your email contains information that will significantly impact the university’s or faculty’s ability to function efficiently in their respective roles and the information affects the university community as a whole.
- Examples of this message type include but are not limited to official communication to all faculty, bookstore requests for textbook orders, notifications of power outages, risk management situations on campus, reporting or requests from university wide committees, and notification of university-wide events that most faculty need to know about, such as campus climate events and university-wide awards.
B. Faculty Voluntary Listserv — (NDSU-FACULTY-ANNOUNCE@listserv.nodak.edu)
- Please use this list if your email contains information that is of interest to faculty but does not significantly impact the university’s nor faculty’s ability to function efficiently in their respective roles.
- Examples of this message type include sales, department or college news, event notifications, and requests for volunteers.
- Please Note: Submissions to this listserv will automatically send subscribers a once daily digest at 4:00 am, with a maximum size of 1000 lines. Please submit your email early enough to ensure it is included in the digest well before your event occurs.
The NDSU Faculty Email Lists are moderated by the Faculty Senate Presiding Officer and Presiding Officer Elect. Contact information may be found on the Executive Committee Membership page.
Approved by Faculty Senate, 12 October 2015.