In our individual sessions, writer and consultant discuss anything that might help the writer (e.g., audience expectations, clarity of the writing, writer's purpose, grammar, models, the writing process). The writer brings disciplinary knowledge and an understanding of the assignment and expectations. The consultant brings a wealth of experience in writing and reviewing writing. The sessions are informal, non-evaluative, and free to NDSU students, faculty, and staff.
To schedule an appointment, click here.
POLICIES for APPOINTMENTS
Scheduling Writing Consulting Sessions
- You can make appointments up to three weeks in advance and until the day before the session.
- You may make a maximum of one appointment per week and one per day.
- If you want more than one session in a week, see Same-Day Sessions below.
Cancellations and Missed Appointments
- You must cancel within 12 hours of your appointment.
- If you do not cancel within 12 hours of your appointment time and fail to show up, you are considered to have missed the appointment.
- After 3 Missed Appointments, you will no longer be able to make appointments in advance. You will, however, be able to have Same-Day Sessions (see below).
Scheduling Same-Day Sessions
- Regardless of your appointment status, you can always schedule a same-day session, subject to availability.
- Schedule a same-day session by emailing email@example.com by 8 a.m., and please list the times when you are available.
If you have any questions about our Center, please email firstname.lastname@example.org