Services for Faculty & Scholars
Office of Global Outreach
Division of Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach
The Office of Global Outreach staff works closely with the campus community and contributes to NDSU's world-class environment in research and scholarship by facilitating the hire of permanent and temporary teaching and research faculty, and the hosting of visiting scholars from around the world. The Assistant Director of Faculty Immigration is available to answer questions that departments may have about complex immigration regulations pertaining to the employment of international faculty and visiting scholars.
Primary Responsibilities of Faculty and Scholar Immigration Staff
- Provide orientation and immigration information to all visiting scholars and international faculty.
- Provide the paperwork and hosting guidelines to bring visiting scholars to engage in collaborative research.
- Secure U.S. work authorization for international employees at North Dakota State University.
- Provide information on federal and state regulations for international faculty in temporary and permanent positions.
- Assist with employment-based permanent immigration at the discretion of the hiring department.
Assistant Director of Faculty Immigration
Phone: (701) 231-8779
Fax: (701) 231-8556