Helpful Resources for Graduate Students
We have compiled a variety of resources, both in person and online, that can help you at every stage of your graduate career.
Graduate Center for Writers
The writing center provides one-on-one consultations, support at every stage of the writing process, and assistance with writing and editing any type of document.
Graduate Counseling Center
The Counseling Center offers groups, workshops, and classes for students for stress relief and support. One of these resources is the Graduate Student Support Group, which provides a safe space to talk about the challenges of a graduate career.
The Career Center provides resources that will help you advance your career, including career fairs, networking opportunities, and interview preparation.
Presentations and Documents
Review and download the following presentations and documents, which provide guidance on navigating your graduate career and evolving your career after graduation.
- Selling Your Skills: Using an Advanced Degree Wisely by Lou Wetzel, Intelligent InSites, Director of Talent Management
- Translating Science Research for a Non-Specialist Audience
- Creating your LinkedIn presence and building your network
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Negotiating by Dr. Jenna Carpenter
- The Journey from Earning a Ph.D. through Tenure