Other Helpful Resources
LinkedIn Presentation—using effectively—available through Career Center.
To access the LinkedIn videos:
- Students will need to log into the CAREERlink system - https://ndsu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- Click on the Announcement “Using LinkedIn to Aid in Your Job Search”.
- Follow the directions to access the videos through the URL given.
- Input the Username and Password given
- Click on the “NDSU Career Center”
- View recordings
Graduate Center for Writers
The Graduate Center for Writers provides the following for graduate students:
- 50-minute one-on-one writing consulting sessions.
- Assistance at every stage of the writing process, from brainstorming ideas to organizing the document to final editing.
- Assistance on any type of document, including disquisitions, papers for publication, class papers, grant applications, proposals, presentations, job applications, and even email correspondence.
Please set up appointments through our website: http://www.ndsu.edu/centers/graduate_writers/
The Counseling Center offices groups, workshops and classes for students for stress relief and support. One of the groups facilitated by the center is:
Graduate Student Support Group
Open to any NDSU graduate student. Group focus is to provide a safe place for students to meet one another, discuss challenges and struggles they may be experiencing while working in their graduate program or within the personal life, and to be able to build friendships and offer support to fellow graduate students across academic disciplines. Fridays, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. If interested, please contact Amber Bach-Gorman at 231-7671 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the ORCID? Why should you claim your ORCID identifier? Have you ever tried to do a web search on your own name? If so, you likely realized that there are many people out there with the exact same name as you! The ORCID is a number that will be assigned to you and only you. You can link this number to all of your research activities. And the best part??? It’s FREE. Please see these handouts for more information and then go to https://orcid.org/register to sign up. When you submit your disquisition to Proquest, you will be able to enter your ORCID so that it is linked with your work.