The Title page must appear as the first page of the document.
Download the Title page template file and type your information into the appropriate fields. Then, you can copy and paste the file into your disquisition.
- Alignment – All content on the Title page must be center-aligned. Do not indent the center alignment.
- Font – The font on the Title page must be the same type as the rest of your disquisition. However, you may set the font to be up to two sizes larger than the text in the body paragraphs.
- Page numbers –Page numbers should NOT be visible on the Title page
- Required information – The following information must be personalized on the Title page:
- Title of disquisition - Centered at the top of the page, double spaced (line spacing 2.0), and in ALL CAPS. Do not force a line break in the title, but allow it to naturally extend to the margins.
- Type of disquisition – Identify whether it is a thesis, a paper, or a dissertation.
- Your full name – No abbreviations or initials. This is for identification purposes.
- Type of degree – Such as “Master of Arts”, “Master of Science”, “Doctor of Philosophy”, and so on. Written in ALL CAPS.
- Major department or program – Use “Major Department:” or “Major Program:”, then identify your department or program on the line underneath the label. Only include a degree option if you have an official degree option granted by your department.
- Month and year of final examination.