Preparing to Graduate
- Intent to Graduate Form, if you plan to complete your degree requirements or plan to participate in commencement fall semester 2015.
- Prior to initial submission of your disquisition to the Graduate School, you must:
- Doctoral Dissertation Video (Ph.D., Ed.D., DMA and DNP students only)
- Submit your Request to Schedule Examination form to the Graduate School at least two weeks before the examination
- Pass your final examination
- Submit the following forms within seven days of your exam:
- Complete all revisions to your disquisition required by your committee
- Submit your Disquisition Approval Page to the Graduate School.
- Make the required payment.
Once all above steps are completed, you may make the initial submission of your disquisition to the Graduate School. After initial submission, your disquisition will be reviewed for format. To expedite the disquisition approval process, be sure to follow the Graduate School’s Guidelines for Dissertations, Theses, and Papers. Disquisitions that do not conform to the guidelines will be returned to students for correction. Depending on the number of corrections needed, several revisions may be necessary before final approval is granted.
You must maintain registration in order for your disquisition to be processed. See the Graduate School's Continuous Enrollment Policy.
The Graduate Schools' deadline to meet degree requirements for summer graduation is August 7, 2015.
By this date, doctoral students must file paperwork with the Graduate School (Report of Final Exam, title page, IBC/IRB/IACUC form), complete the Exit Survey, apply for graduation, and obtain Graduate School approval of the dissertation.
By this date, master's students must file paperwork with the Graduate School (Report of Final Exam, title page, IBC/IRB/IACUC form), complete the Exit Survey, apply for graduation, and obtain Graduate School approval of the thesis or paper.
Degrees are posted three times per academic year: December, May, and August.
The deadline for initial submissions of disquisitions to the Graduate School is approximately one month prior to each semester's commencement. The review process must be completed and final revisions submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the semester for your degree to post that term.
For specific dates for the current academic year, see Bison Connection.
|Disquisition Submission Deadline|
|Final Copy Due|