Welcome to the College of Human Development and Education
Make a difference
Our students have a goal of making a difference in people’s lives. They’re hardworking, caring and curious about the world. Our graduates become role models and leaders as they transition from the classroom to careers with widespread employment options.
We prepare creative people like you for exciting, rewarding careers.
- Prepare for careers focused on helping people.
- Conduct research with professors or design and carry out your own studies.
- Apply for scholarships specifically for students in Human Development and Education.
- Study and learn abroad. Our students traveled to over 20 countries on six continents last year.
- Join one of 12 student Human Development and Education organizations.
- Learn one-on-one from faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Gain real-world experience through internships, job shadowing, practicums or student teaching.
- Ease the adjustment to college life.
- First Year Learning Community (Limited to the first 68 qualified students who apply): Link academics, social interaction and housing with other Human Development and Education students.
- Live with other students pursuing similar careers.
- Take at least one class together fall and spring semesters.
- Build relationships with faculty, staff and advisers through strategic individual and small-group interactions.
- Join in social events and community projects.
See for yourself
NDSU is a student-focused, land-grant, research institution. At NDSU, you will learn from the best, with the best. Highly qualified faculty members teach academically rigorous courses that engage students in finding solutions to real-world problems. The best way to see what we are like is to visit.
Kim Dennis Timmers received the HDE Distinguished Alumni Award in November 2016. Click here for more details.
Retired Major General Terry L. Scherling received the NDSU Alumni Achievement Award. Click here for more details.