- Information available to Human Development and Education faculty and staff such as: Service Load Information, Service Load Recommendations, Suggestions for Managing Service, Authorship Guidelines, Funding Sources, Support for Research and Grant Writing, Support for Research and Professional Development Forms, Sample for Secondary Data Analysis, Undergraduate Research, Research Supports for Faculty in HDE, and Statistical Expertise Listing can be found on the College Blackboard site in the HDE Information folder
- Research Support
- HD&E Research Showcase
- Research Projects for 2015-2016
Projects we are currently recruiting subjects for:
Beef protein, physical activity, and muscular health
We still seeking healthy women to participate in our study, “Beef protein, physical activity, and muscular health.”
You will be asked to:
1) Complete several health related questionnaires.
2) Complete body composition and muscle strength assessments in our lab at NDSU.
3) Record normal day-to-day food and beverage intake for 3 days.
4) Record normal physical activity for 7 days via accelerometer.
5) Undergo an ultrasound scan in our lab at NDSU.
We are conducting research to find out if certain proteins in foods or supplements have an impact on muscular health with aging.
· Not eligible if currently use tobacco product
· Not eligible if beef is not included in weekly food intake
Participants will receive payment of $90.00 upon completion of all study activities.
*Eligibility - Women should not have significant health issues (diabetes or screen high for pre-diabetes, heart conditions, uncontrolled hypertension, significant orthopedic conditions, neuromuscular diseases, or cancer). Further exclusions will apply.
This research is conducted under the direction of Dr. Sherri Stastny, Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, along with colleagues Dr. Kyle Hackney, Dr. Shannon David, and Dr. Won Byun. Support for this project was provided by the Beef Checkoff and has been reviewed and approved by the NDSU Institutional Review Board#16219.
If interested, please contact Dr. Stastny at email@example.com or 701-231-7479.
Sherri Nordstrom Stastny, PhD, RD, CSSD, LRD
Associate Professor, Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences
NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY