Research Projects 2012-2013
Success of College faculty members remained strong in the area of refereed publications. The three-year average for 2010-2013 was 100% higher than when the College adapted the original Research Capacity Building Plan in 2005.
• The College saw increases both in the percent of faculty receiving external funding and the percent of submitted proposals that were funded.
• Faculty members continued to represent NDSU extensively on the international and national levels with refereed presentations. Graduate students are strong collaborators in both presentations and refereed publication.
Some highlights of the year are listed here, and a list of presentations, publications, and funded projects for the year is presented below.
Grants & Contracts. Thirty HDE faculty members (52% of tenured/tenure track faculty) received funds from external grants and contracts in 2012-13 by serving as principle investigators or co-investigators, an increase from 2011-12 (42%) and a high for the College. A total of 64 proposals were submitted in 2012-13. Of these submissions, 45 (70%) were approved for funding compared to 63% in 2012 and 46% in 2011. Units reported the approximate cumulative external dollars during 2012-13 at $3,838,290. Funding received by HDE Extension faculty (tenure-track and professors of practice) and funding received by HDE faculty in collaboration with persons outside the College of HDE was included. Other program funding through the Center for 4-H and Youth Development was not included.
Refereed Publications. Thirty-seven tenured/tenure-track faculty members (64%) published refereed journal articles. The 56 refereed journal articles is an increase from 41 in 2011-12, and the second highest total in College history. This strong performance in the past year puts the College at a three-year average of over 50 articles per year (51.3), the highest three-year average in our history. This level takes the College to a 100% increase over the first three years of the initial Research Capacity Plan when the College averaged 25 refereed journal articles per year. In addition to refereed journal articles, faculty published 25 refereed abstracts/proceedings/chapters in 2012-13.
Presentations. Faculty gave 33 international presentations. Many of the international conferences at which faculty members presented were in the U.S. Faculty members also presented in Thailand, Korea, Turkey, Canada, and Australia. Faculty members from all four of the College academic units presented internationally. A total of 43 national presentations were given during the past year. In total, 37 faculty members (64%) presented at international or national conferences.
Student engagement in research. Graduate students co-authored 13 refereed journal articles and 11 additional articles in 2012-13. With 13 refereed articles in 2012 and 18 in 2011, the three-year average is 14.7. Students co-presented 17 papers at international/national/regional conferences.
Apparel, Design and Hospitality Management
Publications - Refereed:
- Phillips, W.J., Asperin, A.E., & Wolfe, K. (2013). Investigating the effect of Country Image and Subjective Knowledge on Attitudes and Behaviors: U.S. Upper Midwesterners’ Intentions to Consume Korean Food and Visit Korea. International Journal of Hospitality Management, (32)1, p.49-58
- Phillips, W.J.,Wolfe, K., Hodur, N., and Leistritz, F.L. (2013). Tourist Word-Of-Mouth and Revisit Intentions to Rural Tourism Destinations: A Case of North Dakota, USA. International Journal of Tourism Research. 15, 93-104
- Ha, J. & Jang, S. (2013). Why do people go to restaurants? Understanding consumer value using the means-end approach. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 25(3), 383-409
- Ha, J. & Jang, S. (2013). Determinants of variety seeking intention in restaurants. Journal of Services Marketing. 27(2), 155-165
- Ha, J. & Jang, S. (2013). Variety seeking in restaurant choice and its drivers. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 32(1), 155-168
- Ha, J. & Jang, S. (2012). Consumer value in restaurants: Does it vary across different segments? Journal of Foodservice Business Research. 15(2), 123-142.
- Braaten, A.W. (Fall 2012). Virginia Woods Bellamy: Knitter and Poet, Knitting Traditions, 22-26.
- Manikowske, L. & Sunderlin, S.R. (2013). Clothing and connections: A partnership for civic engagement and service learning. The Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin, 79(3), 46-49.
Publications - Other:
- Lee, J. & Asperin, A.E. (2012). Innovative branding: The university tartan. Proceedings of the 2012 International Textile and Apparel Association Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Asperin, A.E. & Lee, J. (2012). Exploring student and alumni purchase behavior of university-licensed merchandise. Proceedings of the 2012 International Textile and Apparel Association Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Lee, J. (2012). Differences in personal characteristics related to hedonic consumption between the United States and South Korea. Proceedings of the Global Marketing Conference at Seoul, South Korea.
- Park, K. (2013). An Analysis of Research Topics in Event Management Research. Proceedings of the 44th Travel and Tourism Research Association Annual Conference, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Jeon, H., Park, K., & Ok. C. (2013). Host Residents’ Perceptions and Attitudes Toward an Event. Proceedings of the 44th Travel and Tourism Research Association Annual Conference, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Manikowske, L., Phillips, W.J., and Skoy, M. (2012). Service-learning supports professional development in a pre-internship seminar course. Proceedings of the 2012 International Textile and Apparel Association Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Phillips, W.J. (2012). Grant fund from North Dakota Department of Human Services for a research project to investigate the number of problem gamblers in North Dakota. Amount funded $14,968.
School of Education
Grants and Contracts:
- Clapper, A.T. Revising the DAC and ID21 Funding Agency: Tri-College University, November 2012. $8000.
- Clapper, A.T. A Study of the Redesign of Leadership Preparation Programs through a University and School District Partnership.Tri-College University. December 2012. $14,500.
- Duffield, Stacy. North Dakota Humanities Council Grant. Part of grant writing team with Fargo Public Schools. My role is to design and complete the project evaluation. Sub-award: $5,000. Grant Period: 6/12-6/13
- Duffield, Stacy. Arkansas Humanities Council Grant. Part of grant writing team with Fargo Public Schools. My role is to design and complete the project evaluation. Awarded amount: $8,000 with $3,000 sub-award for evaluation. Grant Period: 6/12-6/13
- Eighmy, M. A. (funded 2012). Characteristics of successful, efficient, and sustainable communities of practice. Contract with Bush Foundation, St. Paul, MN. Funded research to study the characteristics of communities of practice to provide the Foundation with guidelines for awarding and assessing projects. The contract provided funding for a graduate assistant for 2 semesters. $10,000.
- Welch, Anita. USDA/NIFA Subaward - $27,000. Awarded September 2012. Deland Myers, Subaward Director. Serve as external evaluator for project titled “Innovative STEM instructional techniques to increase the number and diversity of students in food safety related majors
- Young, R. B. (Team Member). Deepening the Understanding of Critical Issues in Food and Agriculture for Agricultural Education Teachers through an Economic Lens: A Planning Proposal. National Institute of Food and Agriculture. $29,470 Fall 2013.
- P.I.: Mari Borr, Co-P.I.: Brent Young, “ND CTE Program Enhancement Project.” North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education, 8/1/12 to 5/31/14. $28,000, $14,000 (current year).
- Eighmy, M. A. (funded 2007 - 2013). Evaluation review and webpage consulting -. NDSU Extension Service. NDSU Extension Mini-grant award for $3,000 per year and extended for multiple years
- Co-PIs: Erichsen, Elizabeth & Eric Canen (Wyoming Survey & Analysis Center). (2011, October 1 start). Evaluation partner for the North Dakota Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG) with the North Dakota Department of Human Services. ($1,192,790.00 = $238,558 annual contract funded with ND DHS for 5 years)
- Offerdahl, E. (PI), Co-PIs: Montplaisir, L., Napoleon, Jr. Sr. Personnel: Duffield, S., Salajan, F., and Martin, W. National Science Foundation, “Pipeline for Excellent Rural Teachers (PERT) Project”, $1,462,496 with $249,908 subcontract to Sitting Bull College 1/1/12 – 12/31/17. (funded in 2011)
- Vettern, R. PI. (2012-2013) 4-H Tribal Youth National Mentoring Program Grant. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention and National 4-H Council. $113,753.
- P.I.: Justin J. Wageman. North Dakota Curriculum Initiative, Year 13. North Dakota Department of Public Instruction Duration of the Grant: September 1, 2012 – September 30, 2013. $597,649.00
- P.I.: Justin J. Wageman North Dakota State Assessment and Accountability System Research Project, Year 3. North Dakota Department of Public Instruction Duration of the Grant: September 1, 2012 – September 30, 2013 $490,768.
- P.I. Ray, C., Wood, N. (Project Staff) External Evaluation of the Building a Foundation for Success in Algebra program -title Iffi, Math Science Partnership (MSP) program, Dickinson State University, with Chris Ray (PI) evaluation budgeted $74,981, 2010-2013.
Publications - Refereed:
- Beseler-Thompson, E., Hall, T., & Eighmy, M. (2013) Parental notification of alcohol or drug related violations: Parent perceptions and reactions to the practice. Journal of College and University Student Housing. Vol. 93 No. 2 p. 70.
- Bolliger, D. U., & Erichsen, E. A. (2013). Student satisfaction with blended and online courses based on personality type. Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology, 39(1). cjlt.csj.ualberta.ca/index.php/cjlt
- Borr, M., L., Bergh, K., Alexander, K. L., Allison, B., Clark Johnson, V., Couch, S., DeBates, D., Johnson, J. (2012). The use of messages and media in an inter-institutional, online approach to FCS teacher preparation. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences 103(4), 8-14.
- Duffield, S., Olson, A., Kerzman, R. (2012, September). Crossing borders, breaking boundaries: Collaboration among higher education institutions. Innovative Higher Education, 1-14. doi: 10.1007/s10755-012-9238-8
- Duffield, S., Wageman, J., and Hodge, A. (2013). Examining how professional development impacted teachers and students of U.S. history courses. The Journal of Social Studies Research, 37(2), 85–96. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jssr.2013.03.002.
- Eighmy, M.A., Hall, T.E., Sahr, D., Gebeke, D., & Hvidsten, M. (August 2012). The Extension Service and rural/frontier disaster planning, response, and recovery. Journal of Extensions, 50(4).
- Erichsen, E. A., Connelley, R., DeLorme, C., Okurut-Ibore, C., McNamara, L., Aljohani, O. (2013). Sociotechnical systems approach: A case analysis of a blended doctoral program. The Journal of Continuing Higher Education, 61(1), 23-34. doi:10.1080/07377363.2013.758553
- Garden-Robinson, J., Reule, A., & Eighmy, M. A. (2012). Shape up for spring: Comparing the effectiveness of social media and email in a nutrition and fitness educational program. Journal of the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 8.
- Lajimodiere, D. (2013). Stringing rosaries: A qualitative study of 16 northern plains American Indian Boarding school survivors. Journal of Multiculturism in Education.
- Peterson, T. O., & Peterson, C. M. (2012). Students’ critical managerial leadership behaviors: An empirical study. Journal of Leadership Education, 11(1), 102-120.
- Peterson, C. M., Welch, A., Çakir, M., & Ray, C. M. (2012, November). Cross-Cultural Use of Surveys and Instruments in International Research: Lessons Learned from a Study in Turkey and the United States. In M. Boucouvalas, & C. Pacalo (Eds.) Commission of International Adult Education of the American Association of Adult and Continuing Education Proceedings of the 2012 CIAE Pre-Conference (pp. 109-118).
- Ray, C. M., Peterson, C. M., & Montgomery, D. (2012). Perceptions of college faculty concerning the purpose of assessment in higher education. Journal of Human Subjectivity, 10(1), 77-102.
- Ray, C. M., Peterson, C. M., & Montgomery, D. (2012). Perceptions of college faculty concerning the role of assessment in higher education. Journal of Human Subjectivity, 10(1), 81-101.
- Salajan, F.D. (2013). Policy formulation and networks of practice in European eLearning: The programmatic emergence of a European e-learning area. European Journal of Education. Volume 48, Issue 2, June 2013, Pages: 292–310, Article first published online : 8 May 2013:
- Salajan, F.D. & Chiper, S. (2012). Value and benefits of European student mobility for Romanian students: Experiences and perspectives of participants in the ERASMUS programme. European Journal of Higher Education, 2 403-422. doi:10.1080/21568235.2012.737999
- Sassi, K., Lajimodiere, D., Bertonilli, C., Ketterling, G. (Summer, 2013). Reading the White space: Pre-service teacher information processing strategies during a mujlti-cultural experience. Multicultural Education. 19(4).
- Welch, A., Cakir, M., Peterson, C., & Ray, C. M. (2012). A cross-cultural validation of the Technology-Rich` Outcomes-Focused Learning Environment Inventory (TROFLEI) in Turkey and the United States. Research in Science & Technological Education, 30(1).
- Welch, A. G. & Ray, C. M. (2012). A preliminary report of the psychometric properties of the Epistemic Beliefs Inventory. European Journal of Social and Behavioural Sciences, 2(2), 279-303.
- Wood, N. B., Erichsen, E. A., & Anicha, C. L. (2013, January). Cultural emergence: Theorizing culture in and from the margins of science education. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 50(1), 122-136. doi: 10.1002/tea.21069
- Wood, N. (2012) What is the deal with this obsession over objectivity? In J. Settlage & A. Johnston (Eds) Proceedings of the Science Education at the Crossroads Conference (pp 76-77) Providence RI.
- Erichsen, E. A. (2013, Jan). Mindful scripting: Three practices toward an embodied philosophy for transformative learning. In G. Raţă, P. L. Runcan & H. Arslan, (eds.) Applied social sciences: education sciences, (pp. 17-24). Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Applied-Social-Sciences--Education-Sciences1-4438-4246-X.htm
- Kaiser L. M. R. & Erichsen, E. A. (2012). Narrative tools for facilitating research and learning for transformation. In C. J. Boden, & S. M. Kippers, (eds), Pathways to transformation: Learning in telationship, adult education, special topics: Theory, research & practice in lifelong learning, (pp. 49-64). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Health, Nutrition and Exercise Science
Grant and Contracts:
- Brazil, R., & Gold, A. (2012). Building a framework for food literacy research in a tribal community. USDA Agriculture Food and Research Initiative (AFRI) grant, $87,000 total to Cankdeska Cikana Community College and $32,716 to North Dakota State University.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., Northern Potato Growers Association, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $250.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., North Dakota School Nutrition Association, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., Ameriflax, 7/1/2012-6/30/2012, $250.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., North Dakota Dietetic Association, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $1,000.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., Northern Pulse Growers Association, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $2,500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., North Dakota Nutrition Council, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., North Dakota Soybean Council, 7/1/2012-1/1/2013, $2,500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., North Dakota Beef Commission, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $2,000.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., Midwest Dairy Council, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., ND Dept of Public Information, 07/1/2012-06/30/2013, $2,500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Teens Serving Food Safely, ND Nutrition Council, 03/01/2013-03/01/2014, $500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., Northern Canola Growers Association, 7/1/2012 - 6/30/2013, $1,000.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., North Dakota Wheat Commission, 7/1/2012-6/30/2013, $1,000.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., Northarvest Bean Growers Association, 7/2012-6/30/2013, $4,475.
- Garden-Robinson, J. Eat Smart. Play Hard., Blue Cross & Blue Shield of ND, 11/8/2012-12/31/2013, $7,500.
- Garden-Robinson, J. The Million Hearts Project., Sanford Health, 08/15/2012-06/29/2013, $2,900.
- Garden-Robinson, J. National 4-H Council, 07/17/2006-06/30/2099, $15,000.
- Hansen, P. Athletic Training Graduate Assistants at Sanford Health [August 15th 2012 to May 15th 2013]. Funded $16,320.
- Hansen, P. Athletic Training Graduate Assistants at Concordia College [August 15th 2012 to May 15th 2013]. Funded $16,320.
- Hansen, P. Athletic Training Graduate Assistants at Minnesota State University Moorhead [August 15th 2012 to May 15th 2013]. Funded $8,160.
- Hansen, P. Athletic Training Graduate Assistants at Valley City State University [August 15th 2012 to May 15th 2013]. Funded $8,160.
- Linker, J. & Hetland, K. (2012, November). Dakota Medical Foundation Breakthrough Idea Challenge Grant, $45,000 ($10,000 funnels through NDSU), Fargo, ND.
- Muske, G., & Gold, A. (2012). Expanding opportunities for sustainable small farm specialty crop producers: Training educators in feasibility analysis/local foods; marketing, and business management; and community building/food safety, USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Program, $74,480.
- Narveson, S. & Christensen, B. Ankle braces for Narveson thesis research. Donjoy LLC, December, 2012, $2,340.
- Strand, B. Mayville State University. Funding for graduate assistants, $33,354.
- Strand, B. Valley City State University. Funding for graduate assistants, $5,100.
- Terbizan, D. Sanford Cardiac Rehabilitation, Funding for graduate assistant, $8,000
- Garden-Robinson, J. Nourish and Protect Your Skin, North Dakota Cancer Coalition, 10/1/2011-9/30/2012, $5,000.
- Maddock, R., Martin, J., Garden-Robinson, J., et al. Renewal on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation: Land, cattle, beef and people, USDA – AFRI, 1/1/11-2/31/16, $2,798,902.
- McClean, P., Osorno, J., Garden-Robinson, J., et al. Common Bean Coordinated Agricultural Project, USDA, 9/1/2009-8/31/2013, $4,000,000. (collaborative effort with several universities)
- Myers, D., Hall, C., Pieri, R., Garden-Robinson, J., et al. A Collaborative Approach to Increasing Diversity in Food Sciences through the Multicultural Scholars Program, USDA-NIFA, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Multicultural Scholars Program 1/1/11-12/31/2015, $160,000.
- Wolf-Hall, C., Garden-Robinson, J., et al. Great Plains Portal to Food Safety: Educating Tomorrow's Leaders, Part II. USDA-CSREES-Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship NNF Grants Program, 1/2009-12/2013, $13,500.
Publications - Refereed:
- Anenson, L., Brunt, A., Terbizan, D., & Christensen, B. (2012). Worksite wellness: A preliminary study utilizing e-mail health messages for city employees. Californian Journal of Public Health, 10, 13-34.
- Barney, D., Strand, B., & Prusak, K. (2013). Middle school (6-9) students’ knowledge of appropriate instructional practices in physical education. The Global Journal of Health and Physical Education Pedagogy, 2(2), 165-176.
- Beseler Thompson, E., Heley, F., Oster-Aaland, L, Stastny, S., & Crawford, E. (2013). The impact of a student-driven social marketing campaign on college student alcohol-related beliefs and behaviors. Social Marketing Quarterly, 19(1), 52 - 64
- Braulick, K.W., Miller, K.C., Albrecht, J.M., Tucker, J.M., Deal, J.E. (2012). Significant and serious dehydration does not affect skeletal muscle cramp threshold frequency. Br J Sports Med, doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2012-091501.
- Burrer J. L., Hansen P. J., Miller K. C., & Christensen B. (2013). Fracture blisters following a posterior elbow dislocation: A case report. International Journal of Athletic Therapy & Training. 18: 17-19.
- Chopra, V., Gold, A. L., Reicks, M. (2012. Barriers to healthful eating among midlife women during eating occasions focused on nurturing family. Forum for Family and Consumer Issues, 17. Retrieved from ncsu.edu/ffci/publications/2012/v17-n2-2012-summer-fall/chopra-gold-reicks.php
- Garden-Robinson, J., Reule, A., & Eighmy, M. A. (2012). Shape Up for Spring: Comparing the effectiveness of social media and email in a nutrition and fitness education program. Journal of National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 7, 23-32.
- Hawkins, J. R., Miller, K. C. (2012). The importance of target tissue depth in cryotherapy application. J Athl Enhance, 1, 1-4.
- Jutte, L., Hawkins, J. R., Miller, K. C., Long, B. C., Knight, K. L. (2012). Skinfold thickness at 8 common cryotherapy sites in various athletic populations. J Athl Train, 47, 170-177.
- Miller, K. C. (2012). Plasma potassium concentration and content changes following banana ingestion in exercised males. J Athl Train, 47, 648-654.
- Miller, K. C., Knight, K. L. (2012). Initial electrical stimulation frequency and cramp threshold frequency and force. J Athl Train, 47, 643-647.
- Miller, K. C., Wilding, S. W., Stone, M. B., Knight, K. L. (2012). Duration of electrically induced muscle cramp increased by increasing stimulation frequency. J Sport Rehab, 21, 182-185.
- Millton, A., Hansen, P., Miller, K., & Rhee, Y. (2013) Grade III liver laceration in female volleyball player. Sports Health Journal, 5(2), 150-152, doi: 10.1177/1941738112451429
- Nahire, R., Shirshendu, P., Singh, R.K., Muhonen, W.W., Shabb, J., Gange, K.N., Srivastava, D.K., Sarkar, K., and Mallik, S. (2012). Ultrasound enhanced matrix metalloproteinase-9 triggered release of contents from echogenic liposomes. Molecular Pharmaceutics, 9: 2554-2564.
- Strand, B. (2013). Coaching outside the lines: Using team rules to teach character and citizenship in youth sports. Journal of Youth Sports, 7(1), 32-36.
- Strand, B. N. & Beil, R. (2012). Streets Alive! – A community initiative to increase family physical activity. The Global Journal of Health and Physical Education Pedagogy, 2(1), 239-244.
Human Development and Family Science
Publications - Refereed:
- Burnett, A., Bilen-Green, C., McGeorge, C. R., & Anicha, C. (2012). Examining the complexities of faculty attrition: An analysis of STEM and non-STEM faculty who remain and faculty who leave the institution. Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering, 18(1), 1-19.
- Carlson, T. S., McGeorge, C. R., & Toomey, R. B. (2013). Establishing the validity of the lesbian, gay, and bisexual affirmative training inventory: Assessing the relationship between affirmative training and clinical competence. Journal of Marital & Family Therapy, 39(2). 209-222.
- Deal, J.E. (2012). Implementing an online major. The Department Chair, 23, 21 – 22.
- Hektner, J. M., Brennan, A. L., & Brotherson, S. E. (2013). A review of the Nurtured Heart Approach to parenting: Evaluation of its theoretical and empirical foundations. Family Process. doi: 10.1111/famp.12030
- McGeorge, C. R., Carlson, T. S., & Toomey, R. B. (2013). Establishing the validity of the feminist couple therapy scale: Measuring therapists’ use of feminist practices with heterosexual couples. Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, 12(1), 3-21.
- Metcalfe, W. A. and Sanders, G. F. (2012). Foster parent experience: The later years. Child Welfare, 91 (4), 127-145.
- Niemeier, B. S., & Hektner, J. M. (2012). Weight-related health behaviors and body mass: Associations between young adults and their parents, moderated by parental authority. American Journal of Health Education, 43, 366-377.
- Niemeier, B. S., Hektner, J. M., & Enger, K. B. (2012). Parent participation in weight-related health interventions for children and adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Preventive Medicine, 55, 3-13. doi: 10.1016/j.ypmed.2012.04.021
- Tackett, J. L., Slobodskaya, H., Mar, R. A., Deal, J., Halverson, Jr., C. F., Baker, S. R., Pavlopoulos, V., & Besevegis, E. (2012). The hierarchical structure of childhood personality in five countries: Continuity from early childhood to early adolescence. Journal of Personality, 80, 847 – 879.
- Woods, R. J., & Wilcox, T. (2012). Posture support improves object individuation in infants. Developmental Psychology. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1037/a0030344
Publications - Other:
- Brotherson, S. E. (2012). Integrating marriage and relationship education into Head Start settings: Building partnerships to strengthen children, families, and communities. Reference Product #046. University of Georgia: National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families.
- Carlson, T. S., & McGeorge, C. R. (2012). LGB Affirmative Training Strategies for CFT Faculty: Preparing Heterosexual Students to Work with LGB Clients. In J. J. Bigner & J. L. Wetchler (Eds.), Handbook of LGBT-Affirmative Couple and Family Therapy (pp. 395-408). New York: Routledge.