The Ph.D. Program at NDSU is committed to developing the next generation of scholars in the field of CFT through a dedicated mentoring process that includes:
- Active involvement in collaborative research teams where students and faculty engage in a ground-up research process that includes the creation, design, implementation, analysis, and submission of a manuscript for publication each semester while in the program.
- An outcomes-based portfolio option, in lieu of comprehensive exams, that are designed to help students develop a job-ready academic portfolio that includes presentations, publications, and other professional development activities.
- All aspects of training are centered in a social justice perspective that embraces an inclusive approach to training, supervision and research.
- Guaranteed Assistantship Funding - full tuition waiver plus a stipend
- Funding to Attend Professional Conferences
- State of the Art Training & Research Facilities
- Winner of 2012 AAMFT Training Award for Innovation in Training
- Innovative course work on grant writing, research methods, and pedagogy