Questions to Ask
when searching for an LGBT affirmative therapist
Asking the right questions can help you find the right therapist. Here are some things you might want to know.
1. Do you support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and their relationships?
2. What type of professional education do you have in working with LGBT clients?
3. What kind of training have you had in working with the LGBT population?
4. What is your experience working with LGBT clients?
5. What is your experience working with transgender/gender creative/gender nonconforming clients?
6. What kind of training have you received on gender identity?
7. Are you familiar with the Standards of Care for the Health of Transsexual, Transgender, and Gender Nonconforming People?