Academic Advisors
Academic Advisors
Freshman/Sophomore Academic Advisors

Andrea Richard is the advisor for all freshman and sophomore students who have 60 or fewer credit hours.

Dual Degree Advising

Valley City State University faculty will act as advisors for Elementary Education dual degree students  

Minot State University faculty will act as advisors for Social Work dual degree students starting in their sophomore year.

Junior/Senior Academic Advisors

HDFS Faculty advise students in their junior and senior years when they have 60 or more credits. Their goal is to help students prepare for graduation and a career after college. You can find out who your faculty advisor is through Campus Connection.  Visit the HDFS Faculty Page  for contact information.

Scheduling an Appointment with a faculty advisor can be done in a variety of ways. As advising week approaches, most faculty will email information about how to sign up for an appointment. To make an appointment during other times, email your advisor.

To Prepare for an Appointment with your faculty advisor, bring a list of any questions you may have plus notes, curriculum guides, or plans of study from prior meetings. If you would like to discuss classes, bring a tentative plan of the courses you would like to take. You can login to Campus Connection and select Academic Requirements to view the courses you have taken.

Human Development and Family Science
Social Work
Top of page