Four NDSU communication professionals were honored for their work during the North Dakota Professional Communicators conference in Bismarck, North Dakota.
Carol Renner, marketing and communication coordinator in the College of Health Professions, was awarded:
• First – electronic newsletter - nonprofit, government or educational for the College of Health Professions’ Vital Signs e-newsletter for alumni
• First – social media campaign - nonprofit, government or educational for the College of Health Professions’ Giving Day social media campaign
• First – single news or feature release for the School of Pharmacy ONE Rx program’s statewide introduction of opioid and naloxone education for pharmacists
• First – media pitch on the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department’s research in pancreatic and breast cancer and spider silk for biomedical uses
• Third – specialty articles - education for an article on flexible education options for nursing
Ellen Crawford, Agriculture Communication information specialist, received:
• First – continuing coverage or unfolding news for a series of articles on NDSU Extension efforts to help producers combat Palmer amaranth, a noxious weed
• First – news story for an online publication for an article on soybeans as a feed option for cattle
• Second – news story for a magazine, newsletter or other non-newspaper print publication for an article on Extension family and community wellness programs
• Second – marketing program or campaign for new or existing service or product to promote the Field to Fork program
• Second – reports for Annual Highlights, the Extension and North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station annual report
• Third – specialty articles - agriculture, agribusiness, aquaculture for an article on Extension’s efforts to help producers improve their soil’s health
• Third – specialty articles – physical health for an article on Extension’s programming for older adults
Becky Koch, Agriculture Communication director, was awarded:
• First – Newsletter or other non-newspaper publication - non-profit, government or educational for the Pulse Crop AgMag
• Third – catalogs, manuals and handbooks for the Surviving a Disaster Program
Kelli Anderson, Agriculture Communication information specialist, received:
• Third – podcasts for the Sound Ag Advise podcast
Koch, Anderson and Crawford also were awarded a First – crisis communications for Palmer amaranth education.
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.