College of Health Professions Ambassadors
The College of Health Professions Ambassadors is a selective student organization of 25-30 members that represents each of the departments within the College, with members from many of the programs within each department as well as the different stages of the programs ranging from pre-professional to graduate students.
The members of this student organization serve an essential role in the College of Health Professions. This premiere group of students works to promote the college through involvement in a variety of events, including: Campus tours for prospective students interested in the majors within the College, homecoming tours for alumni, the White Coat ceremony, the Nurse Pinning ceremony, and a host of other events for prospective students, current students, and alumni. The College of Health Professions recognizes the valuable role of alumni and students in the recruitment, application, and enrollment process by sharing their positive experiences and advice with prospective students.
The College of Health Professions Ambassadors are advised by Dana Davis, Director of Outreach & Community Engagement for the College of Health Professions.
Students who are interested in this organization should contact:
Dana Davis, Director of Outreach & Community Engagement - (701) 231-7837, firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Pharmacy, Nursing, and Allied Sciences Ambassadors get to participate in many fun events throughout the year:
- College of Health Professions Freshman Welcome events- Ambassadors sit on student panels, usher people, and assist with photography of incoming freshman in the College of Health Professions.
- Cookies for Kids Cancer- Ambassadors participate in the national charity Cookies for Kids Cancer, baking/selling cookies at a booth, to raise money for pediatric cancer research, and develop new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer. All funds raised goes to Cookies for Kids Cancer.
- Nursing/Pharmacy White Coat Ceremony- Ambassadors usher, hand out programs, and assist with guests during the respective ceremonies.
- Nursing/Pharmacy interview days- Ambassadors lead interview groups throughout the interview days.
- Discover NDSU Days- Ambassadors sit on student panels, Lead tours of Sudro Hall, and guide groups throughout the visit.
- College of Health Professions Saturday visits- Ambassadors lead tours, sit on student panels, and help out with respective lab experiences.
- Great healthcare adventure- Ambassadors teach elementary school kids about various healthcare fields such as Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing, Pharmacy, Radiologic Sciences, and Respiratory Care.
- Mid-semester Boos-Ambassadors pass out treats to students in Sudro Hall during mid-term of fall semester.
- Treats for dead week- Ambassadors pass out treats in Sudro Hall during dead week of spring semester.
- Faculty/staff appreciation- Ambassadors write cards, and acknowledge all that the College of Health Professions Faculty do to help the students succeed.
- NDSU giving day- Ambassadors modeled for pictures of respective disciplines, and promoted donating to NDSU Giving Day.
- Giving hearts day- Ambassadors promote Giving Hearts Day, and volunteer for pictures.
- Battle of the Cent-es- Ambassadors collect donations from students/faculty by running donation booths throughout a week, all proceeds go to a selected recipient in need. Last year's recipient was Ty Robertson, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The total funds raised last year was about $5,700, which all of the funds raised go to the recipient.