Welcome to the 8th Year of NDSU’s Let’s Move in Homeschool Program!!!
We hope that you and your families will be able to join us for the upcoming Fall semester! The philosophy of the program is to provide children 5-12 years of age with enjoyable, age appropriate physical education lessons in an emotionally and physically safe environment. Our Fall 2019 program emphasizes motor skill development and personal success. We are also excited to announce the addition of our NEW Health Education Program!!! Children can participate in both programs or opt to participate in just the Physical Education Program. All lessons are standards-based with an emphasis on personal success throughout. Instruction is provided by junior and senior-level physical education majors under the direction and supervision of NDSU faculty. Each session consists of 10 classes at the total semester cost of $15/child with a $30/max per family. Program Director Dr. Jenny Linker can be reached at email@example.com or (701)231-8676 for additional information.
Hello Homeschool Families!
Registration is now available for the Fall 2019 NDSU Let’s Move in Homeschool Physical Education Program and NEW Health Education Program! The programs are open to children ages 5-12 years. See attached flyer (in 2 file formats; please share with others!)
We are very excited to offer new programming in the area of Health Education. This programming is under the direction of my colleague, Justin Pieterick. Attached for your reference is a list of potential health education content topics that may be covered at each grade-level. Topics will not stray from this list and once a finalized lesson schedule is completed by our university students, we will send participating families a copy (in case you want to opt out of a particular topic).
Classes will run on Tuesdays starting September 24th and continue through November 26th and will be held 11:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. If your child(ren) participates in both types of lessons, they will be with us from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. as they will have a lesson in both Physical Education and Health Education back-to-back (That’s right parents – you can go run some errands if you’d like!). When registering, you will need to indicate whether your child(ren) will attend both the Physical Education and Health Education Programs or ONLY the Physical Education Program. Your child’s class time(s) and group will be determined after registration closes, as we need to make groups of similar ages so they are developmentally appropriate.
Cost is $15 for 1 child or $30 total for 2 or more children and includes BOTH the physical education and health education programs.
*If you received a Registration Waiver last Spring for research participation, you will be prompted to enter the code on your waiver at check out. This will waive your registration fee for the Fall semester for all children in your immediate family.
For new families, you will have the opportunity to participate in this research study as well and earn a waiver for the future (Spring 2020 or Fall 2020). More information about this opportunity will be sent after registration closes.
Please read and carefully follow all of the registration instructions:
- Registration will close on September 13,2019.
- You will use NDSU Marketplace to register for the program – to complete registration you will need to pay via credit card or check within this online platform (or use a registration waiver code from research participation).
- When you first enter the marketplace using the appropriate link below, you will enter a quantity of “1” despite the number of children you are registering.
- The registration will prompt you to fill out and return a Waiver form (one for each child – these forms require a Witness Signature as well) via mail, email, or fax.
- As you register, please be sure to scroll all the way (left to right and down) to ensure all required boxes are filled in.
- For the “Medical conditions/allergies/other info we should know to effectively work with your children” and “Do your children have any additional learning needs (i.e. help with writing/reading at grade level)” prompts
- You must indicate which child you are referring to within the comments box – otherwise, we will not know which of your children you are referring.
- If none, please type “None.”
- Once you have filled in your information and advance to the next screen, a summary of your information will appear. Please note, the summary of your information will not appear in the order in which you answered the prompts – do not worry about this.
- When you have successfully advanced through the entire registration process (4 screens I believe). You will receive a completed message and a confirmation/receipt via email. Please be sure to advance through all the screens or your registration will not be complete.
If you are registering only 1 child, use this link: https://epayment.ndus.nodak.edu/C22800_ustores/web/classic/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=7881&SINGLESTORE=true
If you are registering 2 or more children, use this link: https://epayment.ndus.nodak.edu/C22800_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=7880&SINGLESTORE=true
We look forward to working with your children this semester!
Dr. Jenny Linker