The Honors Capstone Project
All students in the Honors program must complete the honors capstone project to complete the honors minor. The honors capstone project is the culmination of the Honors experience. Honors students will work with a faculty mentor to design and carry out the project. Students can complete a research thesis, online portfolio, experiential-based project, creative/performative project or an innovation project.
All projects should be conceptualized as a project that cannot be completed within the confines of one class or one semester. This means that the project should be sufficiently broad in scope and in-depth in analysis. Students can select one of five options for the Honors capstone project.
While the form of the project may differ, all projects share these objectives:
- Students will demonstrate creativity in the conceptualization and design of the project
- Students will evaluate and integrate evidence and approaches from multiple disciplines
- Students will demonstrate the initiative and dedication required to conceive and see a project through to completion
- Students will develop greater self-awareness through critical reflection
- Students will achieve and demonstrate competence in the necessary skills
- Students will disseminate the results of their project