Approximately 60 percent of NDSU’s operating budget is invested in the people who work here. People are the most valuable asset at NDSU. The role of the manager is perhaps the most important in creating a supportive work environment where people can function at their highest potential to advance NDSU's mission.
Below are just a few examples of how your role as a manager helps impact recruitment, productivity, retention and job satisfaction:
- Hiring the right people.
- Supporting your staff members so they can develop and reach their potential.
- Setting goals and challenge staff to reach beyond their current grasp.
- Reinforcing with your staff how what they do contributes to and makes a difference in advancing NDSU as a student-focused, land-grant, research university.
- Recognizing and rewarding your staff's accomplishments.
- Holding staff members accountable for not meeting expected performance or behavior standards.
- Ensuring a safe work environment.
- Communicating information that impacts your staff's job, benefits or employment policies.
- Providing context and rationale for institutional or departmental changes.
The information and resources on this site are designed to support and assist you in being more effective in fulfilling your role as a manager at NDSU.
NDSU Policy 100 - Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
NDSU Policy 100.1 - Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities and Reasonable Accommodation
NDSU Policy 144 - Worker's Compensation
NDSU Policy 153 - Smoke-Free Facilities
NDSU Policy 110 - Employment of Relatives
NDSU Policy 162 - Sexual Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 162.1 - Consensual Relationships
NDSU Policy 163 - Anti-Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 163.1 - Workplace Violence
NDSU Policy 213 - Rest Periods
NDSU Policy 214 - Work Week
NDSU Policy 155 - Alcohol and Other Drugs - Unlawful Use by Students, Faculty and Staff
NDSU Policy 156 - Equal Opportunity Grievance Procedures
NDSU Policy 157 - Grievance Procedures - General
NDSU Policy 710 - Computer and Electronic Communications Facilities
News and Announcements
2018 Quarter Century Club Honorees Named
Human Resources and Payroll welcomes 21 new members into the 2018 Quarter Century Club. These individuals will be honored for 25 years of service to NDSU at a banquet to be held on Thursday, May 3,...
2018 Staff Recognition Dessert Social
The Office of Human Resources and Payroll is sponsoring a Staff Recognition Dessert Social on Thursday, April 12 from 1:30 pm - 3:00pm in the Great Plains Ballroom at the Memorial Union.
Upcoming Wellness Education Event
As part of the NDSU Wellness Program, you are invited to join us for a one-hour education event on the Novu Online Wellness Portal and Make It Happen Training. This will include a discussion on free...
Moving Expenses Tax Change
As of January 1, 2018 all moving expense reimbursements are considered taxable income to the employee. This tax law change also applies to direct payments by an employer on behalf of the employee,...
IRS Releases 2018 Form W-4
The Internal Revenue Service has released the 2018 Form W-4 and has updated the IRS Withholding Calculator in order to assist taxpayers in determining the appropriate allowances for the 2018 tax year....