Approximately 60 percent of NDSU’s operating budget is invested in the people who work here. People are the most valuable asset at NDSU. The role of the manager is perhaps the most important in creating a supportive work environment where people can function at their highest potential to advance NDSU's mission.
Below are just a few examples of how your role as a manager helps impact recruitment, productivity, retention and job satisfaction:
- Hiring the right people.
- Supporting your staff members so they can develop and reach their potential.
- Setting goals and challenge staff to reach beyond their current grasp.
- Reinforcing with your staff how what they do contributes to and makes a difference in advancing NDSU as a student-focused, land-grant, research university.
- Recognizing and rewarding your staff's accomplishments.
- Holding staff members accountable for not meeting expected performance or behavior standards.
- Ensuring a safe work environment.
- Communicating information that impacts your staff's job, benefits or employment policies.
- Providing context and rationale for institutional or departmental changes.
The information and resources on this site are designed to support and assist you in being more effective in fulfilling your role as a manager at NDSU.
NDSU Policy 100 - Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
NDSU Policy 100.1 - Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities and Reasonable Accommodation
NDSU Policy 144 - Worker's Compensation
NDSU Policy 153 - Smoke-Free Facilities
NDSU Policy 110 - Employment of Relatives
NDSU Policy 162 - Sexual Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 162.1 - Consensual Relationships
NDSU Policy 163 - Anti-Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 163.1 - Workplace Violence
NDSU Policy 213 - Rest Periods
NDSU Policy 214 - Work Week
NDSU Policy 155 - Alcohol and Other Drugs - Unlawful Use by Students, Faculty and Staff
NDSU Policy 156 - Equal Opportunity Grievance Procedures
NDSU Policy 157 - Grievance Procedures - General
NDSU Policy 710 - Computer and Electronic Communications Facilities
News and Announcements
2017 Hot Topics
- ND Law Changes-Recruitment Privacy
- Remote Worksite Procedure
- NDSU Policy Changes •Policy 151 Code of Conduct •Policy 161 Fitness for Duty
- Probationary Employee Termination...
Life Insurance Plan Updates
NDSU Human Resources and Payroll has received notice from NDPERS that basic life insurance coverage for active members will increase to $7,000 from the current coverage of $3,500, effective August 1,...
Dakota Wellness Program Reinstated June 1, 2017
Effective June 1, 2017, the NDPERS Dakota Wellness Program $250 benefit was reinstated for all eligible members and their covered spouses participating in the NDPERS group health insurance plan.
2017 Valleyfair Tickets
Discounted 2017 Valleyfair tickets are now available to benefited NDSU employees through Human Resources and Payroll. Please see their 2017 operating calendar online at www.Valleyfair.com for their...
Red River Valley Fair Tickets
The NDSU Human Resources and Payroll office now has 2017 Red River Valley Fair tickets available for purchase. Only cash or checks (made payable to RRVF) will be accepted. No refunds.
Mega Ride Pass...