Approximately 60 percent of NDSU’s operating budget is invested in the people who work here. People are the most valuable asset at NDSU. The role of the manager is perhaps the most important in creating a supportive work environment where people can function at their highest potential to advance NDSU's mission.
Below are just a few examples of how your role as a manager helps impact recruitment, productivity, retention and job satisfaction:
- Hiring the right people.
- Supporting your staff members so they can develop and reach their potential.
- Setting goals and challenge staff to reach beyond their current grasp.
- Reinforcing with your staff how what they do contributes to and makes a difference in advancing NDSU as a student-focused, land-grant, research university.
- Recognizing and rewarding your staff's accomplishments.
- Holding staff members accountable for not meeting expected performance or behavior standards.
- Ensuring a safe work environment.
- Communicating information that impacts your staff's job, benefits or employment policies.
- Providing context and rationale for institutional or departmental changes.
The information and resources on this site are designed to support and assist you in being more effective in fulfilling your role as a manager at NDSU.
NDSU Policy 100 - Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
NDSU Policy 100.1 - Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities and Reasonable Accommodation
NDSU Policy 144 - Worker's Compensation
NDSU Policy 153 - Smoke-Free Facilities
NDSU Policy 110 - Employment of Relatives
NDSU Policy 162 - Sexual Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 162.1 - Consensual Relationships
NDSU Policy 163 - Anti-Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 163.1 - Workplace Violence
NDSU Policy 213 - Rest Periods
NDSU Policy 214 - Work Week
NDSU Policy 155 - Alcohol and Other Drugs - Unlawful Use by Students, Faculty and Staff
NDSU Policy 156 - Equal Opportunity Grievance Procedures
NDSU Policy 157 - Grievance Procedures - General
NDSU Policy 710 - Computer and Electronic Communications Facilities
News and Announcements
Payroll Reminders for Winter Break
If GRA/GSA/GTA employees or Part-Time Academic employees are not working over semester/winter break and should not be paid over semester/winter break, they must be put on either an unpaid leave of...
New Look of PeopleSoft HRMS Home Screen
New Look of the PeopleSoft HRMS Home Screen
and How to Navigate and Customize It
Monday, December 18, 2017
9:00 am and 10:30 am
Memorial Union - Century Theater
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
1:00 pm and...
Responsibility Review Training
Responsibility Review Training
Friday, December 15, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Memorial Union - Hidatsa Room
A Responsibility Review is meant to be a developmental tool used to build a partnership...
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: 2017 Electronic Form W-2
NDSU employees have a safe, easy and fast way to receive their Form W-2 information. NDSU offers Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement to all employees electronically in HRMS Self Service for tax year 2017....
2018 Flexible Spending Enrollment
2018 Flexible Spending Account enrollment with Discovery Benefits is open from November 1 - November 20, 2017. Enrollment can be done online at https://www.discoverybenefits.com or via paper...