Approximately 60 percent of NDSU’s operating budget is invested in the people who work here. People are the most valuable asset at NDSU. The role of the manager is perhaps the most important in creating a supportive work environment where people can function at their highest potential to advance NDSU's mission.
Below are just a few examples of how your role as a manager helps impact recruitment, productivity, retention and job satisfaction:
- Hiring the right people.
- Supporting your staff members so they can develop and reach their potential.
- Setting goals and challenge staff to reach beyond their current grasp.
- Reinforcing with your staff how what they do contributes to and makes a difference in advancing NDSU as a student-focused, land-grant, research university.
- Recognizing and rewarding your staff's accomplishments.
- Holding staff members accountable for not meeting expected performance or behavior standards.
- Ensuring a safe work environment.
- Communicating information that impacts your staff's job, benefits or employment policies.
- Providing context and rationale for institutional or departmental changes.
The information and resources on this site are designed to support and assist you in being more effective in fulfilling your role as a manager at NDSU.
NDSU Policy 100 - Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
NDSU Policy 100.1 - Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities and Reasonable Accommodation
NDSU Policy 144 - Worker's Compensation
NDSU Policy 153 - Smoke-Free Facilities
NDSU Policy 110 - Employment of Relatives
NDSU Policy 162 - Sexual Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 162.1 - Consensual Relationships
NDSU Policy 163 - Anti-Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 163.1 - Workplace Violence
NDSU Policy 213 - Rest Periods
NDSU Policy 214 - Work Week
NDSU Policy 155 - Alcohol and Other Drugs - Unlawful Use by Students, Faculty and Staff
NDSU Policy 156 - Equal Opportunity Grievance Procedures
NDSU Policy 157 - Grievance Procedures - General
NDSU Policy 710 - Computer and Electronic Communications Facilities
News and Announcements
NDPERS Annual Statement - Available NOW
NDPERS members now have access to their personal ANNUAL STATEMENT through PERSlink Member Self Service (MSS). View your most current information (July 2017 - June 2018). This statement includes your...
2017 Total Rewards Statements Now Available
CORE Technology Services (CTS) has released Total Rewards Statements for 2017. They can be viewed in Employee Self Service at:
Navigator>Self Service>My Total Rewards
The Total Rewards Statement...
Summer Learning Opportunities
Human Resources and Payroll will offer several learning opportunities covering a variety of important topics in July and August. Information and links to register are included below.
Changes to Delta EDP Discount Link
The NDUS Delta EDP discount can no longer be accessed through Employee Self Service in HRMS. Please see the Delta EDP Instructions for directions to the new link.
Please contact the University System...
Child Labor Reminders
Human Resources and Payroll seeks to assist departments hiring minors for summer positions by providing the following general information regarding Child Labor. This is not an exhaustive list....