The following services are provided to reduced-in-force employees:
- Employment Search Assistance - To the extent possible, NDSU will assist reduction-in-force employees in searching for other employment. Although NDSU is not responsible for conducting a comprehensive job search, services available are exploring job opportunities within the University System, resume assistance, and discussion of unemployment issues.
- State Employment Consideration - The North Dakota State University System and the State of North Dakota maintains a list of employees, including each individual's education and experience, who are affected by the reduction-in-force. Please submit your resume to the Human Resources/Payroll office to include your name on this list. The list is made available to all institutions for employment considerations for position openings.
- Continuing Education - To assist in retraining efforts and/or further professional development, for 2 years employees may continue to utilize the NDSU Tuition Waiver for three classes per calendar year. Submit completed form to the Office of Human Resources/Payroll for approval and processing.
- Employee Assistance Program - Employees needing the services of NDSU's Employee Assistance Program at The Village EAP, call 1-800-627-8220. These services are available for 90 days following to aid in dealing with the personal effects of a reduction-in-force.
- Leave Consideration - If a reduction-in-force employee is hired within 2 years of reduction, the employee will be credited with:
- Previous service for the purpose of determining annual leave accrual rates,
- Sick leave hours accumulated prior to the reduction, less the amount paid, pursuant to NDSU Policy Section 143.6.
Other Resources to Utilize During the Job Search
- Job Service North Dakota
- Offers training and development specific to job transition
- Provides interest and aptitude testing
- Offers dislocated worker assistance
- Administers unemployment benefits
- Offers job placement services
- Provides access to resume writing software
- University System Openings:
- NDSU Openings or call 701-231-8961; also listed with Job Service North Dakota and Minnesota WorkForce or most Sunday editions of the Forum newspaper.
- UND Openings or call 701-777-4361.
- Bismarck State College Openings or call 701-224-5427.
- Dakota College at Bottineau Openings
- Dickinson State University Openings or call 701-483-2530; also check local newspapers.
- Mayville State University Openings or call 701-788-4760.
- Minot State University Openings or call 701-858-3352.
- North Dakota State College of Science Openings or call 701-671-2903.
- Lake Region State College Openings or call 701-662-1600; also listed with Job Service North Dakota.
- Williston State College Openings or call 701-774-4240; also listed with Job Service North Dakota.
- Valley City State University Openings or call 701-845-7424.