The primary purpose of salary administration, combined with benefits, at North Dakota State University is to attract and retain well-qualified individuals who can best contribute to the University's stated mission.
Salary Administration Guidelines 2018-19
The 65th Legislative Assembly (2017) did not provide funding for general salary increases for the 2017-19 biennium. Therefore, the SBHE has determined no campus or NDUS entity will provide general salary increases for FY2019.
President Bresciani has authorized units to determine if other salary adjustments for FY2019 are necessary. However, they are limited to the following:
Other Salary Adjustments
- As approved by each respective Vice President and/or Provost in accordance with established guidelines and procedures
- Will be entered by the Budget Office
- Funding must be identified and available
- Adjustments must be based on market data from Office of Human Resources/Payroll; contact HR for more information
- Requires documented record of satisfactory performance
- Requires salaries to be below recognized market for the position
- Will be entered by the Budget Office when approved
- Funding must be available
Salary review and/or adjustments must be completed and approved by each respective division Vice President and/or Provost and submitted to the Budget Office by May 1st.