NDSU employees have a safe, easy and fast way to receive their Form W-2 information. NDSU offers Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement to all employees electronically in HRMS Self Service for tax year 2017. The electronic W-2 information will be available approximately 10 days before the paper Form W-2s will be postmarked. Form W-2 will still be available in paper for those employees who prefer that method of delivery.
- Employees who still wish to receive a paper Form W-2, and are confident their address is correct, do not need to do any of the steps below. Form W-2 in paper format for tax year 2017 will be postmarked by January 31, 2018.
- If an employee consented to electronic delivery of Form W-2 last year for tax year 2016, it is not necessary to consent again for tax year 2017. Employees who are unsure if they have consented or not, please navigate in HRMS Self Service to the screens below to check.
If an employee would like to receive 2017 Form W-2 in electronic format only, consent must be given on or before January 10, 2018. If consent is not given by this date, a paper Form W-2 will be sent to the Mailing address currently on file. Employees who have followed the steps outlined below by the January 10 deadline will receive an email notification when the electronic Form W-2 is available in HRMS Self Service, on or about January 20, 2018. To access Form W-2 electronically, an employee must have access to a computer with an internet browser and Adobe software.
To give consent, sign in to HRMS at https://adminsys.ndus.edu/psp/hehp/?cmd=login.
If an employee is unsure of his/her User ID and/or Password or has difficulty logging in to HRMS, please contact the NDUS Helpdesk at 866-457-6387.
Once signed in to HRMS, navigate to: Main Menu>Self Service>Payroll and Compensation>W-2/W-2c Consent.You will need to authenticate your log in with the DUO software when you get to this screen, if you have not done so already after logging in.
- Read the information in the box
- Check the box to indicate consent to receive Form W-2/W-2c in electronic format only
- Click the Submit button
- Submit Confirmation page will appear with a message saying the Submit was successful
- Click the OK Button and sign out of the system
A confirmation email will be sent to the employee's preferred email address, confirming the consent. Employees will continue to receive Form W-2 electronically for further tax years until consent is withdrawn. To withdraw consent, navigate to the same W-2/W-2c Consent page, check the box to withdraw consent and click the Submit button. The remaining steps are the same as written above.
While logged in to HRMS, it is also a good idea to ensure we have the most current address reflected in HRMS. To view and/or edit Home or Mailing address, navigate to: Main Menu>Self Service>Personal Information> Home and Mailing Address. Once on that page, employees will be able to view and edit Home and Mailing addresses by clicking the pencil icon. Note: Campus Connection and HRMS are linked; employees who update their address in Campus Connection will not need to do it again in HRMS.