Department Sponsored Student Organizations
Alpha Pi Mu
Executive Officers 2014-15
About Alpha Pi Mu
The Mission of Alpha Pi Mu
- Confer recognition upon the industrial engineering student who has shown exceptional academic interests and abilities in his field.
- Encourage wherever possible any movement which will advance the best interest of industrial engineering education.
- Further unify the student body of the Industrial Engineering Department in presenting its needs and ideals to the faculty.
- Create a closer student-faculty relationship by bringing together the needs and thoughts of both.
- Assist and cooperate with all organizations and persons working for the interest of industrial engineering.
- Benefit its members by the association and experience that can come from bringing together a group with similar interests, objectives, and abilities.
- Promote the professional welfare of all.
The Goals of Alpha Pi Mu
Recognize top junior and senior industrial engineering students for their academic achievements.
Increase professional development among members.
Promote networking among faculty, graduate, and undergraduate student.
Link to Alpha Pi Mu Homepage:
Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
Executive Officers 2015-2016
|VP Health Systems|
Advisor: Dr. Chrysafis Vogiatzis
IIE is the world’s largest professional society dedicated solely to the support of the industrial engineering profession and individuals involved with improving quality and productivity. Founded in 1948, IIE is an international, nonprofit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial engineering
To provide knowledge, training, networking opportunities and recognition to enhance the skills and effectiveness of the industrial engineering profession and those individuals involved with improving quality and productivity
To be the premier organization that advances, promotes and unites the industrial engineering profession globally and one of the leading professional engineering organizations in the world
Here are some of the many benefits of joining our student chapter of IIE.
- Activities and events
- Plant tours
- Guest speakers from the profession
- Publications, such as IIE Solution's Magazine
- Leadership opportunities
- And much more!
Link to IIE Homepage:
Link to IIE membership page:
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Advisor: Dr. David L. Wells
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers is the world's leading professional society supporting manufacturing education. Through its member programs, publications, expositions, and professional development resources, SME promotes an increased awareness of manufacturing engineering and helps keep manufacturing professionals up-to-date on leading trends and technologies.
For further information on the NDSU Chapter, please contact Dr. David Wells.
SME official website: http://www.sme.org/index.html
Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA)
President: Ferdous Sarwar
SMTA membership grants access to an international network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies, including microsystems, emerging technologies, and related business operations. NDSU-SMTA chapter is one of the seven chartered student chapters in North America. Founded in 2001, NDSU-SMTA is an active group consisting of approximately 20 members.
SMTA official website: http://www.smta.org
Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
The Society of Women Engineers stimulates women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expands the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in the quality of life, and demonstrates the value of diversity.