F-1 International Students: Did you change your major or program?
All international undergraduate students who have changed or added a major or minor, or graduate students who changed or added a program of study, are required to notify the Office of International Student and Study Abroad Services (ISSAS) immediately so that we may update SEVIS and issue you an updated I-20.
If you need to change your major/minor or program, please make the change through Bison Connection.
- First, go to the Bison Connection "Student Forms" website and look under "Registration Actions" - click the link that says "Major/Minor and Adviser Change Form (eForm)"
- After your record has been updated with the change, then notify your international student advisor.
- According to your family name, your advisor is listed on the following page:
- When emailing your advisor, you must include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Student ID
- Major/minor/program that you have changed or added
*Please email from your NDSU email account so that we can verify your identity.
If you are a graduate student who needs to request a program change, you should discuss this with your department and the Graduate School if necessary, and also complete the request form found on the Graduate School website: https://www.ndsu.edu/gradschool/current_students/forms/
Please notify us when the change has been made. Your international student advisor will then contact you if any further information is required. If a new I-20 is necessary, it will be ready for you to pick up at the ISSAS office in one week.