International Students: Did you change your major?
All international undergraduate students who have changed or added a major or minor, or graduate students who changed or added a program of study, are required to notify the Office of International Student and Study Abroad Services (ISSAS) immediately so that we may update SEVIS and issue you an updated I-20.
If you need to change your major/minor or program, please make the change through Bison Connection.
- First, go to the Bison Connection "Student Forms" website and look under "Registration Actions" - click the link that says "Major/Minor and Adviser Change Form (eForm)"
- After your record has been updated with the change, then notify your international student advisor.
- According to your family name, your advisor is listed on the following page:
- When emailing your advisor, you must include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Student ID
- Major/minor/program that you have changed or added
*Please email from your NDSU email account so that we can verify your identity.
Your international student advisor will then contact you if any further information is required. Your new I-20 will be ready for you to pick up at the ISSAS office in one week.
Immigration Forms and Resources for F-1 students
Please click below for Immigration Forms and Procedures related to F-1 students:
- Statement of International Student Responsibilities
- Bringing Dependents
- Change of Status to/from F-1
- Did you change your major?
- Graduation and Beyond
- I-20 Extensions
- Leave of Absence
- Maintaining your Status: Credits
- Reduced Course Loads
- Reinstatement to F-1 Status
- Requesting OIP letters
- Social Security Cards & Drivers License
- Transferring to Another School
- Travelling Home and Entering the U.S.
- Updating your Address
BACK to the main Immigration page.