Content | Navigation |

Bringing F-2 Dependents

Click here for important notes about bringing your dependents and when they must be enrolled in the UHCSR insurance plan to have coverage begin upon their arrival.

If you are in F-1 status:

  • You must be in full-time status.
  • Submit the following documents:

    • Copy of marriage certificate (plus a translation in English)
    • Copy of dependent's passport
    • Official financial documentation - you must show enough funds for you and each dependent (see Estimate of Expenses in the Admission portion of our website)

  • Submit documents to OIP and wait a week for documents to be reviewed and dependent I-20 to be issued. We will email you when the documents are ready to be picked up.
  • Mail the I-20 and financial documents (bank statements, assistantship letters, etc.) to your dependent(s).
  • Dependents should go to Consulate for visa.
  • Current NDSU F-1 students who return home to marry during their program, must first submit/fax a copy of their marriage certificate prior to issuance of dependent I-20.

Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps

Office of International Student and Study Abroad Services
North Dakota State University
Phone: +1 (701) 231-7895 - Fax: +1 (701) 231-1014
Campus address: Memorial Union 116
Physical/delivery address: 1401 Administration Ave / Memorial Union 116, Fargo, ND  58102
Page manager: International Student and Study Abroad Services

Last Updated: Friday, November 20, 2015 3:42:59 PM