Content | Navigation |

Updating your Address

Immigration regulations require F-1 and J-1 international students to update any change in home address AND employer’s address. This update must be made within 10 days of the change. For example, even if you are living in a residence hall and move down the hall to a different room, you must still report that type of change.

F-1 students on OPT are also required to keep their addresses current, even if you are no longer living in Fargo. F-1's on OPT also must remember that failure to report changes in employment or update dates of employment, including unemployment, may result in SEVIS terminating your I-20 (SEVIS record) and OPT employment.


Click here to complete a form and update your address or report OPT employment

Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps

Office of International Student and Study Abroad Services
North Dakota State University
Phone: +1 (701) 231-7895 - Fax: +1 (701) 231-1014
Campus address: Memorial Union 116
Physical/delivery address: 1401 Administration Ave / Memorial Union 116, Fargo, ND  58102
Page manager: International Student and Study Abroad Services

Last Updated: Friday, November 20, 2015 4:22:10 PM