Bringing F-2 Dependents

Click here for important notes about bringing your dependents and when they must be enrolled in the UHCSR insurance plan to have coverage begin upon their arrival.

If you are in F-1 status:

  • You must be in full-time status.
  • Submit the following documents via our Bringing Dependents request form located on ourForms page:
    • You will be asked to upload some documents to the form including: 1) Copy of marriage certificate (plus a translation in English), 2) copies of dependents' passports, and 3) official financial documentation
  • Submit form to the OIP and wait a week for documents to be reviewed and dependent I-20 to be issued. We will email you when the documents are ready to be picked up.
  • Send the new I-20(s) and financial documents (bank statements, assistantship letters, etc.) to your dependent(s).
  • Dependents should go to Consulate for visa.
  • Current NDSU F-1 students who return home to marry during their program, must first submit/fax a copy of their marriage certificate prior to issuance of dependent I-20.
Top of page