Request a Letter
This page allows F-1 or J-1 international students to request special letters from the Office of International Programs to invite dependents or visitors.
If you wish to have a confirmation of your enrollment, please print out an Enrollment Verification through CampusConnection. You do not need a separate letter from the OIP confirming your enrollment at NDSU - your I-20 or DS-2019 already lists the needed information. Be sure to get your I-20 signed if you are leaving the country - signatures are only valid for the past year upon re-entry. J-1 students will need a travel validation signature at the bottom of their DS-2019, and signatures are also valid only for 1 year for J-1 students. If you are a J-1 student whose DS-2019 was not issued by NDSU, you will need to contact your sponsor for a travel signature.
F-1 students may request the following types of information in an OIP letter:
- Invitation letter: Inviting a family member to visit you from overseas on a tourist visa
- Invitation letter: Inviting your spouse or child(ren) to come here as F-2 or J-2 dependents (please see this page for more information on bringing dependents to the United States)
- This form is only for F-1 or J-1 students currently enrolled at NDSU.
Please allow ONE week for processing of all OIP letters. And, if you are travelling outside the U.S., make sure you bring in your I-20 or DS-2019 for a signature for your re-entry to the U.S.
Letter Request Form
Immigration Forms and Resources for F-1 students
Please click below for Immigration Forms and Procedures related to F-1 students:
- Statement of International Student Responsibilities
- Bringing Dependents
- Change of Status to/from F-1
- Did you change your major?
- Graduation and Beyond
- I-20 Extensions
- Leave of Absence
- Maintaining your Status: Credits
- Reduced Course Loads
- Reinstatement to F-1 Status
- Requesting OIP letters
- Social Security Cards & Drivers License
- Transferring to Another School
- Travelling Home and Entering the U.S.
- Updating your Address
BACK to the main Immigration page.